Dr. Houston

Ann M.
on 4/5/11 12:17 pm - GA
Hi everyone,

I am researching DS surgeons and would like to hear your exprience and thoughts on Dr. Houston. Please feel free to PM me if needed. Thanks

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Adrienne M.
on 4/5/11 5:04 pm - La Vergne, TN
Hi, I have been off the board for a long time now. I also have not been back to see Dr Houston in awhile. I made an appt for this month so Ican get back on track.
Dr Houston did my Roen Y Aug.7,2007 and I never had one problem with the surgery or had any bad effects afterwards. I found him to be very professional and no nonsense.He does expect his patients to keep on track and not to slack....poet and did not know itLOL. Best of luck to you!
RhondaDenise
on 4/5/11 11:18 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi,

Dr. H did my DS last January.  Love him.  TO date have not had any problems.

I still see him every 6 months or so for follow up and labs.

He does expect you to do your part and keep up with everything.

Glad I found him. 

My DS rocks.

Best of luck to you.

Rhonda

elmolina76
on 4/6/11 4:24 am - Morris Chapel, TN
I had the DS surgery with Dr. Houston in August of 2010. Surgery went great and I had no issues at all. He is very strict on being compliant with protein and vits so be ready for lectures if you are not. Also before you meet with him make sure you research the surgery before hand. I went in wanting the DS and he thought the RNY was a better choice. I had done so much research on the RNY, DS, and Lapband I already knew what I wanted and he had no problem when I said I wanted only the DS. The insurance approval process was fast but he only performs the DS on Tuesdays so it took me 3 months from the insurance approval date to get a surgery done. It was well worth the wait. If you have any other questions just let me know!

HW 263  SW 258  CW 190           
Melissa W.
on 4/7/11 8:06 am - Nashville, TN
I had my DS with Dr. H on 11/2/10 and surgery went great. I had some issues with getting in water and protein because I just couldn't tolerate anything but there was nothing mechanically wrong. I just couldn't get it in. He did do a scope and that seemed to be the turning point and from then on it's been all good for me. I think my follow up lasted maybe 5 mins... he asked a couple ?s said the weight loss is good and then off I went to the vampire... ha ha ha! I would say choosing the DS was one of the best choices I ever made. It was right for me and I am soooooo happy with it. I have done fabulous! He knows what he is talking about.
Stephanie C.
on 4/8/11 8:55 am, edited 4/8/11 8:55 am - nashville, TN
I had my DS with Dr. Houston last May and cannot say enough good things about him. I was trying to decide between him and another DS surgeon in Nashville and while both seem to be great surgeons I felt more comfortable with Dr. Houston and Centennial Hospital. He and his staff are always on top of things, very friendly and quick to respond to any issues. I felt very confident in his hands and had a textbook surgery and recovery with absolutely no issues.

rufflanding
on 4/9/11 6:20 am
Just has the surgery Monday. Dr Houston is NURSE APPROVED that should tell you a lot.  All the people that need to have their different weight loss surgeries fixed from problems with other surgeons go to DR H. That should also tell you a lot.  I had a great experience with the surgery, the nurses and Centennial Hospital. Now it is the stupid insurance company that is causing me stress, wanting to just pay for one day instead of 3.  You will not regret choosing Dr Houston. 
MARTINA P.
on 4/9/11 9:00 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I love Dr.  Houston and feel confident that he knows what he is doing however, understand regardless to how good the surgeon is a person can still have complications I have a mechanical obstruction that has kept me from eating and drinking.  Everytime I drink something it comes back up.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Most Active
Recent Topics