Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center Cosmetic surgeons????

mellysarah03
on 3/31/11 2:17 pm - Fort Myers, FL
 Has anyone on here had any experience or heard of anyone who has used the surgeons at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In particular Dr. J. J. Wendel? He was refered by a friend who works with him but I dont know of anyone mentioning him and he has no before and afters on his site. Any input would be much appreciated.

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

Grammo
on 4/11/11 12:22 pm - Nashville, TN
Hey there!  I have  no knowledge of this doc but I wanted to get your post back up a I am also shopping for possible PS.  I live in Nashville and FMB.  In FMB now.  Have you looked into anybody down here?
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
mellysarah03
on 4/12/11 12:21 am - Fort Myers, FL
 Hey I have done little research here just because I know there is no one in SW Florida. There are a few surgeons on the east coast but I dont know anyone personally that has gone to them. However Red went to someone in Tampa that does beautiful work. You should contact her to get that docs name. I think thats the most local PS that has experiance in the kind of work we need done.

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

Angela I.
on 8/12/11 4:26 am - Trenton, TN
I don't know about Dr Wendel but I have dealt with Dr Kevin Kelly and all I can say is he is a wonderful doctor.

I haven't had WLS yet but due to a medical reason I had to have a panniculectomy in Dec 09. He was my doctor. I did end up having a major complication (one of my drains came out too soon because the stitch came undone) and ended up having more surgeries. Overall he was a nice doctor and very honest.

I've put off WLS basically because I didn't think my body could handle another surgery after the 14 months of hospitalizations and surgeries.
Most Active
Recent Topics