Liver Shrink Diet

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/11 10:23 am - Arlington, TN
I need some good food options for this liver shrink diet I started today.......Surgery is March 28th......I think I should stay under 1000 calories a day........
Pam Davis
on 3/16/11 11:07 am - Franklin, TN
didn't your surgeon give you a diet?
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 3/16/11 1:36 pm
I sent you a PM about Dr. Wegner's diet.

Khem
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

Truly Trina
on 3/21/11 2:15 am - Nashville, TN

Hi BigPapiMphs.. Congrats on your surgery date… March 28th will be here before you know it.

What is a “liver shrink diet"?

Going through all the information provided to me by my weight loss surgery center I can not find any document labeled with that heading “Liver Shrink Diet“… What is that?

Your medical team wants to make sure you are ready for surgery, and your blood test results will tell them a lot about your body and your medical condition. This will also give your medical team a huge insight into your liver function…

Your current liver function may not be the same as mine….

I am with Pam Davis…. What guidelines did your surgeon give to you? Considering your condition is unique from mine?

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

KellyJTn
on 3/24/11 8:54 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Just wanted to chime in. Dr. Boyce put me on a "liver shrink diet" 3 weeks prior to my surgery. The only thing I could have was clear liquids, broths, protein shakes, sugar free popcicles, and protein bars. It's called a liver shrink diet because eating this way will shrink your liver down some so that the surgery is easier to perform as they have to lift your liver up some to get to where they need to be. It helps with having less complications. You can search the term in the OH search bar and come up with some ideas.  Good luck on your surgery in 4 days!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

ktanner08
on 5/4/12 6:17 am - OK
I have been on the pre-op liver shrink diet. I am pretty hungry but I learned that I can snack on celry. It is zero calorie and zero fat, gives my mouth something to chew on and helps with the hunger
Most Active
Recent Topics