NEW TO OH...Contiplating surgery

tinkerbell77
on 2/23/11 12:29 am
My name is Tink, I am new to OH and reviewing my options for surgery. I have been really inspired with the before/after stories. I am very tired of being tired. My knees hurt and I've had surgery on both knees in the past 6 months for torn meniscus which I am pretty sure is due to my weight.  My insurance doesn't cover the surgery but the HSA does. I am in a dilema due to still paying on the other surgeries and will be a while before I can afford it.

Any suggestions or support is appreciated!

Tink
k9ophile
on 2/23/11 2:35 am
Read up on all the options for surgery.  Look at your history, your medical conditions and how committed you plan to be for aftercare and compliance.  Check out any support groups near you and attend them to meet others who have had surgery or are thinking about it.  Not being able to afford it for a while can work to your advantage.  It gives you time to research, research and research.  Visit lots of forums here on OH.  Visit each surgery's forum, the regrets and revision forum, and any of the other topics that may interest you.  Google each surgery type for authoritative information to go with the anecdotal perspective found here on OH. 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Recent Topics