WANTING TO BE SLEEVED AT VANDERBILT WLS

RickyG
on 2/17/11 1:05 am - Glasgow, KY
Can anyone share their experience with Vanderbilt. Would love a step by step from time in hospital till out. How long was you off work and any other crucial information.

snippers
on 2/20/11 8:46 am - Beechgrove, TN
Hi, RickyG! I see you have had alot of views on your topic with no posts, so I can imagine you are frustrated. I will answer anything you would like to know about my experience with Vandy. First, let me say I had a wonderful team working on my behalf, from my Dr. to the staff, I could not have been treated better. So here goes... I arrived at 0530 am for my surgery, but was delayed due to the weather...at 0900 my wonderful Dr, came in and told me it was showtime! I had wonderful anestheologist team that preped my...and it was if I was family. I have to admit I do not remember the part after wakeing but my husband says, when I came thru from recovery, if I was in pain, they were there instantly to help with the pain. I did have to wait for an available room but trust me, I was very comfortable and taken care of until that time in which I got a regualr room. If I had stayed in the little recovery room, I would have been just fine too. I did not suffer from pain after the 1st 24 hrs. I did however have a reaction from the medicine in the anesthia, and it gave me the dry heaves. This kept me in the hospital 2 days, but I knew I was in great hands. Once we narrowed down the heaving problem...I was ready to fly. I made the journey home and I personally took 3 weeks off. I am a 911 dispatcher and have a sit all day job, I am glad, could I have gone back at week 2 but needed the rest...not as young as I used to be. The 1st week back was the hardest, but I have had no major complications and only wish I had done this sooner! Good luck to you! Sherry
   SW 224  CW 133 GW 125----5FT 1IN 43 YOA    
Most Active
Recent Topics