I need help

damurphy0526
on 2/16/11 9:22 am - nashville, TN

On January 16 my husband had two heart attacks and had to have quadruple by pass surgery.
needless to say I'm stressed to the max. my doctor put me on clonazepam it made me want to hurt somebody I was so agitated.and I have lost 16 lbs thru all of this don't want to loose any more weight. can't sleep.
so then he changed me to lorazepam a little better but I cry all the time this is just to much stress with Curtis and my boss is not being very helpful. so now I called him and he has taken me of the clonazpen and put me on celexa and buspirone along with the lorazepam.I feel like I'm going to loose my mind along with being a drug addict. I know other people are going thru rough times but I ask you to please pray for me and my family that I will get thru this without being put into a mental  hospital. if you know any bad things about these meds please let me know.

God Bless all of you
Dorothy

troup76
on 2/16/11 9:54 am
 You and your family are in my prayers.  Just remember the Lord will never give you more than you can handle.  Please turn it over to him and ask him for strength and guidance.

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version, ©2010)

13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Truly Trina
on 2/16/11 9:59 pm - Nashville, TN

Hi Dorothy,

I am very sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I can completely understand and relate to your loved one going through quadruple by pass surgery. My mom had the same surgery and it was very rough on the entire family. She is doing much better now however the healing and recovery process is very long and intense and does take a toll on everyone. I know that things are looking bleak at the moment, but I believe you have a tremendous amount of strength and courage and I am certain that you will overcome this.

As for your medication issues, I have never taken any of those medicines so I am unable to offer any personal experience information. Is it possible that you could call Dr. Spaws office and explain your current situation and let them make a referral for you?

Dorothy, this is a good thing to reach out and let someone know you need help….Is it possible to make that call? Do you still attend the support groups at your WLS center? I remember that you did at one time and I didn’t know if you still had those contacts..

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 3/12/11 10:26 am - Kodak, TN
I agree with the other posts as well. You will make it through this. Hang in there, but definately seek out help. There are people around you who support and love you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your family ...
CATHY            
Trianni
on 2/19/11 1:35 am - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Hi Dorothy,

I'm so sorry that you are going through so much. I am on antidepressants as well because I have chronic depression, but it took a while for the doctor (a psychiatrist) to finally hit upon the right mix of meds for me. I agree with Tina. Call your WLS clinic and ask them for a referral. They would know who best to help you through this challenging time. In the meanwhile, know that I am praying for you and your husband.

Take care,

Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics