Long Time No See :-}

SCOTT O.
on 1/21/11 9:42 pm - Nashville, TN
Hello guys and gals!  It's been a long time since I've been around.  I still hop on every once in a while to see if I see any of the old faces, and occasionally I do!

For those who don't know me, my name is Scott and I had gastric bypass back in Dec of 2007.  Since then I had lost 185 pounds, but have put back on 20.  Am I upset about it?  Not really, but would like to lose  a few more.  You see, when I got to my lowest, I did not feel good.  Now, I feel wonderful!!!

Enough of that, the reason I came on the forum today is to let everyone know that I was contacted by the ASBMS Foundation about using some of my photos from our 2009 Walk From Obesity.  It seems that the WFO website is being revamped and they are going to use some of my shots for the site.  What an honor! 

I took up photography after my WLS and it became my cross-addiction.  My surgery has allowed me to climb mountains in search of that perfect sunrise/sunset.  It has allowed me to go on hikes and adventures looking for those gorgeous waterfalls.   It has even allowed me to run, chase, and roll around on the floor while taking photographs of babies, toddlers and families.  And my favorite times are those wedding shots I've gotten of friends that  I met through this board!

So, make sure you keep an eye out for the new and revamped Walk From Obesity Site, and if you feel inclined, pop on over to my site and check out some of the photos I've done!

Scott
Bald Is Beautiful Photography
Pam Davis
on 1/21/11 10:46 pm - Franklin, TN
Congratulations Scott! That is absolutely awesome. It's great to see you back on the OH site too.
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

SCOTT O.
on 1/21/11 11:36 pm - Nashville, TN
k9ophile
on 1/23/11 3:33 am
Cue the spooky music...I was wondering how you and your lovely bride were doing and here you are with an update that is so uplifting.   I'm so glad you're enjoying your talent and let us know how you're doing.  Ain't life grand when you can actually participate in it instead of sitting on the side and watching it pass by?

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Recent Topics