support group for younger folks

lissabettis
on 1/22/11 3:59 am - Murfreesboro, TN
 I live in murfreesboro, and I am in search of  support group for younger WLS patients. I know that 20 to 30 somethings have different needs, and I would love to find out if a)the support group you go to has a good amount of younger folks or b) there is already a set group.

If there isn't a set group, I would love to start one! I have my therapist in the Murfreesboro area who is also a WLS patient who is willing to set up a free weekly support group (if needed) for us younger folks. If you are interested, please contact me!

Lissa
   Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
troup76
on 1/25/11 10:48 am
 I am curious on how young your talking about. I think it is very important to have mixed ages together because it allows us younger people to see where we don't want to be and why we should stay focused.  I actually and the leader of the group that takes place the 2nd and 3rd Thursday of Every Month at Vanderbilt.  I encourage you to attend.  I am sure you will enjoy it.
Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

lissabettis
on 1/25/11 1:44 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
 i am looking at the age groups of 20s to mid 30s. though i see your point it is hard to relate to alot of the older crowd. in murfreesboro the average age at the support group is 60. doesn't help me much as a 20 something. i would love to attend the vanderbilt ones as that is where my surgeon is but with work and living in murfreesboro, time doesn't allow it. i'm looking into others as well. i just really feel that there is alot we as a younger group can share such as dating advice, body image, shopping etc that alot of the older adults won't talk about.

just my two cents.
   Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
troup76
on 1/25/11 10:33 pm
 I can understand your point.  Try to make it to one of my groups on the 2nd and 3rd Thursday.  Right now they are small.  I am 35 so I can try and help you out as much as possible.
Most Active
Recent Topics