Surgery at Baptist....please share your experience

cegj29
on 1/16/11 12:45 am
Hello everyone! I am waiting for a surgery date for Lapband to DS revision with Dr. Spaw. My Lapband was not done at at Baptist so I was just wondering what to expect. How are the nurses? Room? Just overall how was it? Do you have any tips for me of what to bring or really anything else to make my stay easier? Thanks so much!
Truly Trina
on 1/17/11 1:54 am - Nashville, TN

Hi.

Congratulations on your revision surgery.. That is exciting.. I did not have my surgery at Baptist so I can not relate any personal experiences with WLS there but I have several friends that have had their WLS there over the years and I have only heard good things.. Can’t remember hearing anything negative or adverse.. You will be in good hands..

As far as a list… here are a couple of tips that I have read about that you might find helpful..

Your own personal pillow

Your journal

Loose fitting clothes for the trip home

Lip balm or Chap stick

Slippers

I think outside of those items you may not care about anything else… LOL

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Deborah C.
on 1/22/11 2:20 pm - Antioch, TN
I had my VSG with Dr. Spaw on 09/07/10. My experience was awesome. Everyone was so nice and attentative. Even the people who bring you your food and clean the room were extremely nice and made sure I had everything I needed. I had a room to myself. I would say to bring some chap stick because you get really dry mouth. They gave me tooth paste and tooth brush. I wore the gown the whole time until it was time to go home then I just had my clothes that I wore to the hospital.

Let me know if you would like to know anything else

Deborah
Height 5'6" HW 255/SW 229/CW170    

Most Active
Recent Topics