Approved!! After peer to peer with UHC.......12/13

Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 11/24/10 10:36 am - Kodak, TN
Approved !!

So relieved as today I found out I was approved and have a surgery date scheduled for 12/13. Wow.....so I will be starting my liquid diet in a couple days. WOW...can't believe its almost here. Its surreal. I almost feel like I'm in a different lifespace than everyone else. I have alot of anxiety about the surgical procedure, but more anxiety on how I will do post operatively because we don't have any family in the area and very few friends....so its just me and hubby, and the kids. Chad just started a brand new job and is a bit worried on asking them for some time off already......and I'm worried about how I'm going to handle the kids that week with school and stuff. We have some help from friends for 2 days to have the kids sleep over and take to school thank goodness !

But, this is for me. So that brings me peace that everything will work itself out !
and I am so glad to be on this forum everyone has been super helpful....I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving !!  I know it will be my "last supper" LOL
CATHY            
sedonagirl67
on 11/24/10 2:12 pm - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 11/16/10 with
So excited for you!  It seems like yesterday I was fighting with the insurance...finally winning on appeal.  At one week post op, I can tell you that there are a lot of hurdles you will go thru and friends/family will help.  The liquid diet hell is first.  I will tell you from experience that don't worry about cheating as long as it is with good stuff like chicken and steamed veggies.  Days 3 thru 11, I substituted one protein shake for an actual meal of the above items.  I walked every day during the second week.  Get in your fluids & if there is one decadent food that you have to have once before you go under the knife...eat it!  I lost 14 pounds despite not following the all liquid deal and had good energy going into the surgery.  So go for it!  Think of it all as a process of changing your relationship with food...

Secondly, the surgery will make you feel like you were hit by a truck.  Take your drinking slowly afterwards.  (Remember to drink, burp, drink, burp, drink, burp).  I can tell you that I am learning the first bite or drink of anything starts off being vetoed by Sleevie but then he accepts it and we can get in more than you would think.  Remember, liquids first, then worry about protein.  For me, herbal iced tea goes down better than straigh****er.  I don't understand why, but it is that way!  You will have to learn the new cues from your new anatomy.

Best of luck and remember we are all here for you!
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

volady357
on 11/26/10 10:36 am - Knoxville, TN
Congrats on your surgery date. i start tomorrow on my liquids  and im so dredding it so bad if u have and suggestions on and good liquids let me know !
Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 11/28/10 11:25 am - Kodak, TN
thanks so much Laurie and yes you are right,, the pre op liquid diet sucks ! had low blood sugar my first two days.....I actually started 2 days early for this very reason....thanks so much for the advice.
CATHY            
barbiej
on 12/10/10 5:23 am - Goodlettsville, TN
Congrats each and everyone of ya'll! Your journey has just begun, and it's amazing! The thoughts and everything that goes rush'n through you head can get confusing, and yes Cathy the that Anxiety level is beyond belief.  You can do this! I promise!  Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics