HELLO TN

LUVROSE4U
on 11/2/10 10:04 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
Hi Everyone ,
Well i just wanted to say hello . i was wondering if tn wls community has get togethers like coffee days or anything like that ,just curious, i know in california we did stuff and it was great to meet new people who are or have been through what we have been through and just get to know others. i have been here a year and a half and im just now finding a support group in my area . pretty sad but i at least found one. so i will start next month when they have it . im trying to stay on track or at least try to get back on track its so hard when one is dealing with manic depression and bipolar illness ,my surgeon said if he knew i was dealing with this illness he wouldve never done the surgery on me .but i heard before that was a issue so i got through the psych eval and stuff and had it do i regret not telling him ,no and i dont regret having it but i do regret gaining some weight back. and now its hard to lose ,i never ever had the dumping syndrome until this past few years things i eat come right back up , i cant even eat apples anymore or oranges. and sushi , steak, so im limited. but i would love to meet some new friends who are dealing with this as well and who has gone through the surgery . i have no friends here at all. it makes me want to go back to california but im giving it another year and see what happens. any one interested in meeting let me know.
takecare and
any good suggestions im really needing . im 4 years out .

rebecca

Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 11/10/10 12:30 pm - Kodak, TN
Hi Rebecca.....hang in there sometimes it takes a while to meet new people.  We moved down to TN a year ago and with working and kids activities we haven't met that many people either but it takes time. Join a good church that may help too. People are very friendly here vs. the northeast where we're from. I live over by Knoxville and there is a support group at LeConte Medical center. I have not had surgery yet so don't have any post op issues to report, but I'm sure I will sometime !!  Welcome to the forum, there are so many great people on here you will definately find your way ! 
Take care and keep us posted :-)
Cathy
CATHY            
Most Active
Recent Topics