Hell No!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/10 6:07 am - Arlington, TN
 So I called the office of Virginia Weaver today to get a quote on the VSG just to see if it was pretty much the same as my weight loss surgeon Dr. Woodman, both of whom are here in Memphis, TN. Well I was going to pay the hospital and Dr. Woodman $18000 (check out my blog for the breakdown) and I got a quote from Dr. Weaver for $13500!!!!.  That is a $4500 difference!! It doesn't matter if your insurance is paying for it but I am a self pay.  The biggest difference in the price was that Woodman charges $6250 for his surgeon fee and Weaver charges $3250 for her surgeon fee.  I hear Woodman is a good surgeon but damn is he $4500 better than Weaver. lol
SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 11/1/10 12:03 pm
Welcome to the Weaver team.   How far off will that put your surgery?  Are you coming to the support group Thursday?
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/10 12:07 pm - Arlington, TN
 What time is the support group meeting??  I'm not dumping Woodman YET I'm just looking at other options.  I have to turn my application in tomorrow.  They told me they may be able to squeeze me in sometime in November if i decide to switch.
LUVROSE4U
on 11/2/10 11:01 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
hi there .i just wanted to say good luck. i moved here from cal in 2009 and i had roux n y in california in 2006 i lost almost 275lbs but since then i put on some weight back , not happy about it but ,being bipolar and manic depression illness doesnt help either. but im still glad i had it. my surgeon before i moved here i had my 3 yr follow up and thats when i came clean with him that i am dealing with a massive case of bipolar illness and manic depression he goes if i knew you had this before the surgery you wouldve never had it, i go i know thats why i didnt say anything, i wanted this surgery and because i had to have a knee replacement or i would be in a wheel chair today. but i took my fear of gaining weight back after the surgery to a not good place .so now im trying to lose . but i wanted to say good luck and i hope one day i can meet in person some people who have had surgery or going to have surgery ,like support groups i dont see any here to much where i live. i found one thats in chattanooga tn, but im hoping to meet people and get some support. i need it badly .
nice to meet you via intenet .

rebecca basra

kissiekiss
on 11/1/10 1:41 pm - Horn Lake, MS
 I was getting everything going to go to weaver and wegner and i was told that because I have HumanaChoice PPO they would touch me. EVEN THOUGH they are providers AND i talked to their financial services advisor and SHE told me they accepted my insurance. so guess what.....gotta find someone else!!! back to square one.  

Most Active
Recent Topics