Any James McDowell Patients out there?

Bruce S.
on 11/11/10 9:15 pm - Portland, TN
Sorry to hear that you had such a history of issues but glad to hear you made it through them all and about the experinces with Dr. MacDowell.

I am in the 2nd month of the 6 month monitored crap and ughh..   Hate waiting.  Insurance deductables have been met, have tried every diet out there, and this has been a life long issue.  Why make we wait another four months and put me in a new year to pay more deductables.  Just so ready to get the show on the road towards a healthier me.

I see you attended some support groups, I did not know that Baptist had any.  I hear a lot of great things about the support groups from centennial though. 
Susan J.
on 11/12/10 11:10 pm - Madison, TN

Yes, Baptist has wonderful support groups. You should plan on attending some while you are getting ready for surgery.

The Staple Club (for RNY, DS and VSG patients) meets the first Monday of the month at 5:30 in the Guy Bates Center. The center is located in the same building as the surgical clinic and there will be signs directing you from near the clinic.

We won't meet in December since the Christmas party will take the place of the support group meeting for that month. Would love to meet you in person come January though.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

catwoman63
on 12/10/10 4:49 am
Hi, I just saw your post on Dr. McDowell.  He did my surgery over 4 years ago.  I didn't have any complications and initially lost 95 lbs.  But that only lasted for 6 months and then I started gaining it back and have have gained most of it back.  :(  I tried everything, I'm even seeing a personal trainer.  I had the RNY but should have had the DS but Dr. McDowell doesn't perform those so he didn't recommend that for me.

I'm looking into a revision but it has not been an easy task.  There are very few doctors that revise from RNY to DS. 

If you are a lightweight, I would recommend him. But if you are a heavyweight like myself, I would not.
Bruce S.
on 12/10/10 5:44 am - Portland, TN
Sorry to hear about your tough Journey.  Hopefully you will be able to get back on track.

I am going to have the VSG. 

I am interested to hear why you feel he is better with light weights than heavy weights?

As you can see from my pic I am far from a light weight.  right at 350# right now.
Most Active
Recent Topics