The Wait

Bruce S.
on 10/17/10 7:42 am - Portland, TN
I am one of those people that when I make up my mind to do something I am ready then, not later to do it.

I have waited all of my life and now that I have decided to go the  surgery route, I have to wait again...ughhh.  So what on earth am I gonna do for the next six months going through the motions to wait to be approved for the surgery?  How have you all kept up your spirits and made it through the six months?
troup76
on 10/17/10 7:57 am
 Well, I started my journey in January of this year.  I have been ready since day one.  However, I had to go through that 6 months evaluation period.  I used this website and also started a blog to express my feelings and the process.  You will probably have some testing and other requirements that will need to be completed during that 6 month process.  It will go by faster than you think.

Just keep in mind that it takes longer than 6 months.  My 6 months was up in July of 2010.  I was approve the first week in August.  However, the surgeon was not available until first part of October.  I had something that I needed to complete the end of October so I was unable to get my date until November 2nd.  You might be wondering how I made it from August to now.  I would not have gotten through this "down time" without my husband, friends, and especially my support group class.  I attend support group class every week.  At least I feel like I am making progress each week.  I now have only two support group classes left before my surgery. 

I look forward to working and getting to know you.  Hopefully learn more about your progress over time.
Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

snippers
on 10/17/10 11:57 pm - Beechgrove, TN
You may not know this, but you have started in the right place for keeping up your hopes and spirits! I agree with Terri...it is a long process but will pass by quickly. I know looking at the 6 month process seems like forever but it really does pass by fast. For me I was a self pay client and thought the road would pass quickly...it didn't. There were many hoops that I had to clear to make sure I was ready for surgery, and I am thankful for the wait.
When I thought I have waited all these years for this time, why can't it be now...I put one foot in front of the other, and said, this is the road that will take me to where I want to be, and once I get thru the gate, I will never have to go back. I may have a stall once and a while but I am on the way! Find support where you can, here, a group session, or with friends. Glad to see you on the road to your dream, Good luck!
   SW 224  CW 133 GW 125----5FT 1IN 43 YOA    
Bruce S.
on 10/18/10 12:21 am - Portland, TN
I appreciate your responses, I just wish there was a way to fast track some things.  I am not about short cuts but have always hated the bureaucratic red tape we have to go throw with everything.  Especially when it comes to health care.
Steve615
on 10/21/10 6:47 am
After jumping through all the hoops, the surgery may mean even more to you because you have to do so many things to make it happen. For me, I appreciated it more and didn't want to screw anything up by not following the program, etc.  after putting in so much effort.
Most Active
Recent Topics