surgery with Dr Boyce - DS

karenteebaby
on 10/15/10 11:26 am
hello everyone!!

how are you all doing?  i went to see Dr. Boyce last week, he is wonderful i just fell in love with him with my first visit. i went to see him thinking i wanted the sleeve surgery however he believes the DS would be best for me as my BMI is 50.   he has vitamins that we can buy at this office,, for DS we are to take 8 of these vitamins..  What other vitamins are you taking with his vitamins for the DS surgery? 
i am trying to research this DS surgery as much as i can as i just started looking into this. thanks so much for your help
jharrington8172
on 10/15/10 2:57 pm - Hermitage, TN
I am not a Dr. Boyce DSer so i am not sure what he sells for vitamins - but let me tell you what I take daily - It's pretty easy to get everything in and my laps are pretty good

Morning - 50K IU Vitamin D (from vitalady), 25K Vitamin D, 2K Vitamin K, 4 Boiton, Coromega, calcium , Zinc

Lunch - 50 K Vitamin D (every other day), 25 K Vitamin A (every other day), Calcium , Zinc

afternoon - calcium

Dinner - calcium

The DS board has lots of people that know about vitamins - the DS is great you will love it.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

D. Switcher
on 6/7/14 10:38 am

Check Vitalady.com for DS. Much too low on list vites.

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

D. Switcher
on 6/7/14 10:40 am

Check Vitalady.com for DS. Much too low on list vites.

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

TNmtnGirl
on 10/16/10 6:42 am - Strawberry Plains, TN
I am also a patient of Dr. Boyce's. He is a great surgeon.I will be having a RNY to DS revision. I am in month5 of 6 month required medically supervised diet.If you go to the DS forum on here,you will find a wealth of information. PM me anytime you want.Best Wishes on your journey!
Hugs,
Lori
KittenLove
on 10/17/10 10:37 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
I'm not a DSer but I just wanted to say congratulations! isn't he just terrific? I wanted the DS when i had RNY two years ago but he wasn't doing that at the time (started when i was about 6 months out) and I was confident I wanted him to perform my WLS.

Whoo hoo!!

Be happy. 

tami2535
on 10/18/10 10:32 pm - Cleveland, TN
Hi, I take his in house vitamins. I will have my labs done in November and i will let you know how it goes. I'm very dilligent about the vites so I hope all levels are good. I'd like to have to not take any more or change my routine but,we'llsee. My bmi was also 50.2 as of today I am down 93lbs in less than 6 mos. I am amazed at the DS. It's difficult, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Difficult but worth it. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Tami
 Living life with less, and living more.    
Wendylu
on 10/19/10 3:31 am
Not a DS'er but Dr. Boyce performed my rny and I couldn't be happier. I just love him and his whole office staff.  I do take his vitamins but haven't had a blood draw yet, next month so we'll see there! Good luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics