Self Pay and still need a denial from my insurance company

snippers
on 10/7/10 6:02 am - Beechgrove, TN
Hey everyone!
    I just need to rant and rave and ask for your help trying to understand something. 3 months ago, after waiting 2 years to decide, I made my mind up and started my WLS journey with a seminar at Vandy. Over the last 3 months I have jumped peacefully thru every hoop they have asked. In the begining with the insurance represenative I have made it clear that I would have to pay for this all by myself without assistance from my insurance due to my employer. I am at the end of the line and waiting for a date, and am notified that they have to have a letter of refusal. I don't know why 3 months ago they didn't need it, only requiring my signature, but today we've got to have it. If anyone can shed some light I really would appreciate it!. I know it's not as bad as if I did have insurance coverage, and I truely cannot imagine that struggle. But if they tell us it takes 6 months to clear for insurance, what could be going on the other 2 or so months? Just fuming! Anyone out there that didn't go thru Vandy? What did it cost? How long did it take? Are you happy? Thanks!     Sherry
   SW 224  CW 133 GW 125----5FT 1IN 43 YOA    
Pam Davis
on 10/7/10 9:36 am, edited 10/7/10 9:37 am - Franklin, TN
Sherry, which procedure do you want? This link http://www.cmcwls.com/default/affordability will take you to our self pay rates at Centennial, whi*****ludes coverage of any complications or readmissions related to surgery for 90 days after your procedure. For a self pay patient, we only have you schedule a consult with the surgeon, have your psych eval and go through pre-admission testing, preop class and attend support group (all but the psych eval and consult you can do with us on the same day).
Thank you,
Pam Davis, RN, CBN, CCM
Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
snippers
on 10/7/10 9:46 am - Beechgrove, TN
Thanks for the response, I'm trying for the VSG....and thanks for the web site will be checking into it tommorrow!
   SW 224  CW 133 GW 125----5FT 1IN 43 YOA    
Pam Davis
on 10/7/10 10:02 am - Franklin, TN
All you have to do as a self pay is choose your surgeon. Feel free to call me tomorrow if you would like 342-7490.
Pam
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

bufedwards
on 10/7/10 12:10 pm - Hustonville, KY
I would highly recommend Centennial. I had been looking for a revision from Lapband to DS and have very impressed with the way they have handled everything so far!

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

MerryMary
on 10/8/10 2:24 am - Brentwood, TN
Yes, talk to them at Centennial.  My surgeon was Hugh Houston and I highly recommend him.  I had the DS and was a self pay.  Talk to him about your options.  Although my BMI was between 35-40,  I had not done well with the lap band (restrictive only) procedure.  We decided that I needed malabsorption, too.  Dr. Houston is the surgeon at Centennial who does the DS.
Mary

Most Active
Recent Topics