The secret is helping

Truly Trina
on 10/1/10 12:52 am - Nashville, TN

The secret is helping…

There is a need here in our Nashville community.

Can you help?

I am part of a community outreach program in Nashville that provides a “clothing closet" to local area women who temporarily need a helping hand. For various reasons these women are struggling due to many factors that include homelessness and life debilitating addictions.

The challenge we are currently being faced with is the lack of larger-sized clothing for women. There is a very short supply of donated larger-sized clothing items in our “clothing closet."

There are many young women in our community trying to make changes and they are struggling. A nice clean outfit or a garment that fits would help them in so many ways.

The "size" needs tend to range in the upper 20’s and 30’s for Slacks and Skirts and sizes 3X and higher for Blouses. And as you can imagine there are never ever any Bra’s or Undergarments.

If you are currently experiencing weight loss and no longer have need of your larger-sized clothing and would like to donate those items to this wonderful organization would you please send me a message. I will be happy to come to you to pick up the items or make arrangements to get them.

Thank you very much and I wish each and everyone of you continued success on your WLS journeys. You guys ROCK!!!!!!

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

troup76
on 10/1/10 12:19 pm
 I am so glad that you posted this.  I have just dropped a size and was wondering what I could do with the clothes.  I will put them in a bag and bring them Wednesday.  Is that okay?

Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

Melissa W.
on 10/1/10 11:07 pm - Nashville, TN
On October 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM Pacific Time, Truly Trina wrote:

The secret is helping…

There is a need here in our Nashville community.

Can you help?

I am part of a community outreach program in Nashville that provides a “clothing closet" to local area women who temporarily need a helping hand. For various reasons these women are struggling due to many factors that include homelessness and life debilitating addictions.

The challenge we are currently being faced with is the lack of larger-sized clothing for women. There is a very short supply of donated larger-sized clothing items in our “clothing closet."

There are many young women in our community trying to make changes and they are struggling. A nice clean outfit or a garment that fits would help them in so many ways.

The "size" needs tend to range in the upper 20’s and 30’s for Slacks and Skirts and sizes 3X and higher for Blouses. And as you can imagine there are never ever any Bra’s or Undergarments.

If you are currently experiencing weight loss and no longer have need of your larger-sized clothing and would like to donate those items to this wonderful organization would you please send me a message. I will be happy to come to you to pick up the items or make arrangements to get them.

Thank you very much and I wish each and everyone of you continued success on your WLS journeys. You guys ROCK!!!!!!

I will be happy to purchase a gift card to help out... if I got a Walmart card you you can get some larger underwear for the closet would that help?
M Dub
Gettin' Switched November 2nd!
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero!

Melissa W.
on 10/1/10 11:13 pm - Nashville, TN
Oh and I just remembered I have a really nice barely worn pair of jeans I will not need after Nov. 1st... They are like brand new and came from Catherines. They are big on me now but I can still wear them so I have some but not much... Unfortunately most of what I have I will need a bit longer or will trade as I lose... I will though try to help anyway I can.
Most Active
Recent Topics