It's a date!

Melissa W.
on 9/8/10 3:19 am - Nashville, TN
I got a date! Saw the surgeon today and there were 2 concerns... one is my blood clot history and two was my open incision from my galbladder surgery. Since I am having DS he said that can make it harder but he can do it. I will be on coagulants for 6 mos post op. But, he said it is the best choice for me and we set the date. I will now share a very special date in common with my nephew... his Bday is my surgery date... Nov. 2nd. I have my preop Oct. 11 and that includes the upper GI. I am making my surgery deposit on Friday. I have found out I can make pmts to my center instead of having to hold on to it so every payday will pay something on it.  I don't know why it seems so far to me when I know it will go sooooo fast. There is not chance of getting a cancellation being he only does the surgery one day a week and usally only one a day. It had become more requested so this is my date and I am ok with it. I have to do pre op diet only for 5-7 days. Well the liquid that is but I have to do some weight loss from now till then... 15 lbs he is asking for. I think I am going to go to a adkins type diet till surgery. That should help. I will just try to eat very little. I thought I would be more excited... I am excited but not in a way I thought I would be. I think I am just nervous about losing the weight before hand and all that. I told my friends to get their flowers ready lol but was just being funny... more looking forward to someone to walk with in the halls. Hugs![/
M Dub
Gettin' Switched November 2nd!
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero!

Sniffles...
on 9/8/10 3:33 am - Hendersonville, TN

Congratulations, Melissa!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
k9ophile
on 9/8/10 3:44 am
Woo-hoo!  He told me the same thing about losing a little bit of weight prior to surgery.  I did Adkins like as well; high protein & low carb.  I lost 11 pounds.  Think of it as practice for post-op eating.  You'll be in good hands.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Melissa W.
on 9/8/10 10:59 am - Nashville, TN
Thanks! I am so ready!
SusanBall
on 9/8/10 12:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Woo Hoo!! Congrats!

Stephanie C.
on 9/8/10 2:05 pm - nashville, TN
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You will be in wonderful hands and November will be here before you know it.

Gracie062
on 9/8/10 5:21 pm - Hermitage, TN
Congrats!  I remember when I got my date.  I kept thinking, "I'll be excited when I get to the hospital."  I guess I thought it was too good to be true.  ha!

Best of luck to you!
Steve615
on 9/9/10 1:17 am
Dr. Houston is a great surgeon. I have had no complications whatsoever. What a blessing for you to have an opportunity to change your life.
dustydeer
on 9/9/10 11:58 pm
Good stuff Melissa! It will be here before you know it. I also did Atkins pre-surg and lost a good chunk. I'd not concentrate on eating a little as much as I'd concentrate on what I ate. It's a great opportunity to test out protein supplement shakes as well as get an idea what it's like to try and meet the 100g protein goal. It was worth it, it changed me from a possible open procedure to a lap.
Dr H is incredible and you'll do wonderful.
Congrats!

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Most Active
Recent Topics