Dr. Boyce's program fee question

sdld2001
on 8/29/10 5:58 am - Summerville, SC
I just read that they want this fee all at once up front. Is that true or are they willing to accept payments? I understand that my surgery probably won't be until after the full amount is paid, but I was hoping to at least be able to pick a surgery date and make $1,000 payments in Oct, Nov, and Dec with a late Dec surgery date. Thanks!
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
TNmtnGirl
on 8/29/10 1:11 pm - Strawberry Plains, TN
When I used Dr Boyce in 2005, the fee was due upfront before my surgery date was set. That has been 5yrs ago.Maybe someone that recentlly used him will chime in. Also, I had to pay all at once but I was a self pay patient.Best of luck! Hang in there.
Hugs, Lori D

any day above the ground is a good one.
Lori D.
RNY 9/2005; DS revision in planning stage for early 2011

KellyJTn
on 8/29/10 1:42 pm - Oak Ridge, TN

I'm a Boyce patient, and my insurance paid half of my program fee. The other half was due all at once upfront before anything was scheduled. I also have a friend who is his patient, who was a self pay, and her entire fee was due up front as well.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

KittenLove
on 8/30/10 1:10 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I have spoken with the practice and they now have an option available that will allow patients to pay half up front and half in payments over 12 mos after the surgery - so you should be fine! And congratulations - you will be in terrific hands!

Be happy. 

sdld2001
on 8/30/10 2:55 am - Summerville, SC
That's great news Kittenlove! Thanks for letting me know. So I should be able to pay the $1500 in November and still be able to snag a late December surgery date (the last time I talked to them they were scheduled about 5 weeks out). And I agree, I am in good hands. He's really a great, caring surgeon.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Wendylu
on 8/30/10 12:19 pm
Yes, I paid $1500 up front and $125 for 12 months for the fee. And at least for me, it didn't start coming out till after I had my surgery.
C3m13p16
on 8/30/10 1:36 pm - Knoxville, TN
Why are the program fees so high?  UT's program fees are less than $600 total.  You still have to pay your copays and if you are a self pay, then there is that as well.  They also let you buy whichever proteins you want so long as they fall into the diet guidelines.  Wow!  I wouldn't have been able to pay for the surgery with the prices you guys are talking about.  Good luck! 

Christina

KittenLove
on 9/2/10 6:51 am - Around Knoxville, TN
This practice is completely comprehensive and provides you with one-on-ones with a nutritionist and an exercise physiologist and a 24/7 nurse in case you need her (and I did!!). This is for 12 months and it was worth every penny during that first year!

I've seen my share of doctors in my life and I've never met a more caring and compassionate staff.

Be happy. 

C3m13p16
on 9/2/10 7:08 am - Knoxville, TN
I guess I just assumed that all programs provided that stuff.  There is a 24/7 nurse line, an exercise physiologist, and a nutritionist with no time restraints of a year.  There is a 5yr follow-up plan that patients are to follow.  I'm glad Dr. Boyce provides these services as well, I'm just glad that UT does it for so much less.  I mean, UT pre-op and follow-up has been extremely personal and friendly.  Anytime I've wanted information about a food or exercises they return my call within 24hrs.  The nutritionist has even researched various Thai foods for me (my best friend gives me these from his country and I have no idea what they are half the time).  If there is an emergency, I get in the same day.    I've heard lots of great things about Dr. Boyce.  I'm just saying that the Mancini Brothers have just as exceptional care for both pre-op and post-op as anyone else in town.  The exercise physiologist is wonderful as well.  She teaches water aerobics at the Rush in Farragut and has been so supportive.  The nurse Amy and the PA Lynn are awsome and they cut through the BS and give it to you straight.  I've loved my experience and all of the help they have given.  

Christina

sdld2001
on 8/31/10 5:19 am - Summerville, SC
I'm not sure what all UT's program fee covers so that may be the difference in price.  I don't set the price, I just pay the price.   Regardless, UT doesn't offer the DS so they were a no-go regardless of what their fee was.  Mancini is a VERY good surgeon. Several of my family members have had good results with him (GI issues, not WLS) but since he doesn't perform the surgery that is best for me, he was not even a consideration.
Mindee

Most Active
Recent Topics