Had my two year follow up yesterday!

KittenLove
on 8/24/10 1:12 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Was off work yesterday and while I was going to have my labs drawn, they had a cancellation and got me in for my official two year visit instead of next week when it actually is (and saves me from missing more work - yay!)...so here's the gist:

- official weigh in was 133.5 down from 318 on 9/2/08 (yes, I'm happy but this isn't about the number peeps, it's about regaining my life and health)

- the dietician and exercise physiologist told me to just continue what I'm doing and to be sure to stay connected for ongoing support.

- labs should be back this week and I will adjust my supplements accordingly..I have been feeling more tired and rundown so I'm anxious to see what labs will show.

I can't believe it's been two years and I'm super excited about continuing this journey to a healthier me (shout out to Pam T- pick this up on Amazon soon!!)

Be happy. 

Susan J.
on 8/24/10 1:44 am - Madison, TN

I have some questions about fueling during the 1/2 next month. What do you use during your long runs? What do you eat before a long training run or marathon?

I'm just kind of worried about a low blood sugar episode during the 1/2. Do you experience these? I'm more than 4 1/2 years out and most of the people I know who have experienced them are at least 3 years out.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

KittenLove
on 8/24/10 5:59 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I do have them when I'm running...if I'm walking, I do not. Before a long run, I eat a good carb source about an hour before (oatmeal and peanut butter is a good one) then afterwards, eat something with a 4:1 carb/protein ratio like chocolate milk or pb on whole wheat, yogurt and granola, something like that.

Also, during these (if you check out the website), they will offer the GU gels throughout the course..buy one or two at GNC or something and experiement beforehand..you do not want to be surprised during your event with tummy upset....try any and all combinations beforehand...and portion control goes out the window when I'm training, too....my pouch capacity seems to GROW huge then it will shrink back down..so weird and this isn't all in my head either...

when i training for March, on days of 8+ mile runs, I was consistently eating at least 2500-3000 calories per day..if you don't keep your energy sources topped off, it will show.

Be happy. 

Susan J.
on 8/24/10 9:24 pm - Madison, TN

I think I'm on track then.

I typically have oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder before our distance training and I have tried several GU and similar products. I really like the Sport Shots. They are easier to use than the GU since they are like a jelly candy so you don't have to squeeze it into your mouth.

We'll have to arrange a hook up once you get to Nashville. Perhaps the evening of registration?

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Cathy1_getting_my_gr
oove_back

on 8/25/10 11:29 am - Kodak, TN
Congratulations ! that is such a huge accomplishment ! Way to go 
Most Active
Recent Topics