Lunch bunch or get together--WHO'S IN??

lptazbear66
on 8/20/10 2:38 am - Murfreesboro, TN

There previously was a group called "the lunch bunch" that would get together once a month on a Sat afternoon to meet new friends that are going through the same experiences.  Since this group dissolved I was hoping to start a new one for the Nashville and surrounding areas.  I personally live in Murfreesboro but am willing to drive 30 min. 
I wouldl ike to take a poll on how many would like to attend something like this.  My thoughts are not only getting together to talk and make new friends but also would be great to start a clothes exchange as we are all at different sizes (and since we will be going through the sizes pretty quickly, at least hopefully).  I would also love for people to find others to do active things with (ie bike riding group, bowling, hiking, walking, etc). 
I want to open these get togethers so that people bring their family if they want also. 

So, we can wing this as we go but WHO'S IN???  Please reply to this post and then I will set up the 1st meeting as a lunch. 

Alana

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Kat70
on 8/20/10 2:43 am
I am still pre-op and I didn't find out about the lunch bunch until it seemed to be over.  I do have support group on the 3rd Sat. of the month but any other Sat. I would be interested in  attending.  I live in Northeast Davidson County but would be willing to drive to any location selected.  I like the idea of a clothing exchange as well although I am so short that tops might be the only thing I can swap!

Have a great weekend.

Kat70

I am 4" 11"   HW: 207 SW: 190 CW: 163  Surgery date: 9/23/10            
lptazbear66
on 8/20/10 8:31 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Hey Kat,  pre-op is ok.  What area do you live?  Smyrna has a group meeting 1 Sat a month also that I am hoping to attend at Stonecrest Medical Center.  I will keep you posted for when we finally do have the lunch bunch.

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Sniffles...
on 8/20/10 3:57 am - Hendersonville, TN
I have always participated in lunch bunch, so just let me know when and where. I will be gone for the last three weeks in September to Atlanta so I may miss that month, but otherwise I'm in.

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
lptazbear66
on 8/20/10 8:32 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Sounds great Sniffles.  I will update you when we set a date.

elmolina76
on 8/21/10 3:44 am - Morris Chapel, TN
I live about 2 hrs away from Nashville but would love to try and participate if the meeting is on a Saturday.

HW 263  SW 258  CW 190           
melsreturn
on 8/21/10 1:05 pm - Madison, TN
I am glad to see the Lunch Bunch tradition be continued.  It was started 4 years ago, and went until last month.  I met some wonderful friends there, and gained a lot of support.  Some of us are still very close friends and are a core for another veterans group.  You all will be extremely blessed by the lunch bunch tradition.  You might also consider bringing your clothes that you diminish from and have a clothing swap.  Those were always fun...  and made for a cheaper way to get new clothes. 

YBAILEY
on 8/24/10 7:17 pm, edited 8/24/10 7:17 pm - Madison, TN
Hi Alana I would love to attend. I live in the nashville/rivergate area.

Susan J.
on 8/24/10 9:27 pm - Madison, TN

I'm in the Rivergate area too! I live off Graycroft.

Depending on what else I have going on, I would try to make it to a luncheon too. I still enjoy meeting fellow losers.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Cheryl P.
on 8/25/10 8:37 am - Antioch, TN
Alana, you can count me and hubby in. We were involved in the Lunch Bunch when we first started our journey and everyone was a great help to us both. And we met some awesome folks and many of them have become true firends. I have had set backs with my Lapband and had to have it emergency removed back in October. So now I am starting my journey over again. I will be having the RNY hopefully in a couple of months or so with Dr. Williams @ Vandy.So getting back with even more support groups will be good for me. We are in the Nashville area not too far from the Airport. We don't have a problem traveling to other areas. Saturdays work good for us. I may have some other folks that would be intrested. If you are on Facebook, you might consider having a Lunch Bunch page...........just a thought...:)

Thanks for getting this going again. It is a awesome way to meet folks that are or have been where you are in your journey.

Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics