Round Two...

malkboy
on 8/16/10 3:02 am
Hey All,
  Just thought I'd throw up a quick post.. see if anyone had any advice or words of wisdom on a couple things.  A quick idea of what's going on is I'm scheduled for the second time for surgery.  The first time I got to the table but surgery was aborted on account of a nosebleed.  A hematologist and 2 blood panels later, I'm scheduled again for the 24th.  Now for what's going on..

First, it could just all be in my head, but this time is soooo much harder for my pre op diet... It really makes me wonder about sticking to the post op diet.  Last time I didn't really have any problems other than craving a grilled cheese sandwhich (like on day 9 of the 10 day diet my surgeon uses)... I've got good support (my wife had a RNY the end of May) so I'm not sure where the difference is coming from.  But this time, it's been near constant for the last 2 days for craving/hungry for something... It's just confusing considering the almost opposite experience I had the first time.

Second, I'm much more nervous about going into surgery this time.  The first time wasn't exactly what I was expecting on any scale (even being told before what goes on after you arrive and getting you ready)..  Every time someone talks to me about the surgery, I can literally feel my blood pressure going up (which was normal to start off with, but has gone up some since the 1st surgery was aborted) and I'm starting to wonder if my bp is going to get so high on the next round that they have to abort or cancel again.  I can slow it down with a little time when I'm at home or work, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to calm down at the hospital.

So there it is.. Any words of wisdom or suggestions?
Blush
on 8/19/10 12:25 pm - Nashville, TN
The pre-op diet might be harder this time because you think they might cancel surgery again.

I only had to do it once and sucked.   I may have even chewed up food and spit it out.  I am not admitting to that and I am certainly NOT suggesting it.

Post op at first its easy.  You can't eat a lot and (if you are half-sane) you should be terrified of damaging your new pouch.  It doesn't stay easy for long though.  But hopefully by then the results you will be seeing and the new habits you have learned will take effect.

Good luck, hope they get to gut you this time!

Lap RNY - August 12, 2008 - 365/340/193/175
malkboy
on 8/25/10 2:12 am
Just a FYI... 2nd attempt at surgery was a go.. I'm currently waiting for my PCA tgo go green... and wishing I could pee.. I know TMI
hillkem
on 8/29/10 3:07 pm - Smiths Grove, KY
hope you are recovering well. Glad to hear that the 2nd attempt  was good.
Kelley    
malkboy
on 8/29/10 4:00 pm
I'm just in pain and testing my taste buds on clear liquid protein and water..

Terry
hillkem
on 9/9/10 5:28 pm - Smiths Grove, KY
Just wondering how you were doing. I hope things are going smoothly for you.

Kelley
Kelley    
malkboy
on 9/10/10 8:46 am
I'm doing better every day, I have moved onto the blended foods as of today and seem to be keeping those down.  I have noticed from both the times I've eaten thus far that I don't seem to be getting full at all, but I'm eating super slowly, so that may play into it.

Terry
hillkem
on 9/10/10 5:53 pm - Smiths Grove, KY

You probably wont feel full due to the nerves from the stomach being cut. Usually takes a few months to actually get the full feeling. This is why they say it is important to measure your food during this time.

Kelley    
Most Active
Recent Topics