Whey Protein

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 9:55 am - Arlington, TN
 Need some advice on what kind of whey protein I should get?? I saw my nutritionist today and she was telling me about a few options.

Jay

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 8/14/10 1:58 am, edited 8/14/10 2:00 am
I use Jay Robb powder mixes from the Whole Food Market.  You can buy single serving packets in different flavors to see which you like.

I have also heard about a brand at Wal-Mart and one at Costco that taste pretty good and have quite a few grams of protein per serving.
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

lptazbear66
on 8/14/10 3:23 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I have used the GNC brand one and it tastes good and lots of protein.  They will normally give you a sample of the chocolate.  It is a little cheaper than some of the others.  They also carry these great little shackers that have a metal wish type ball in it.  It has been great for mixing my double milks and protein shakes and then I just drink it out of the bottle. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Tooty
on 8/17/10 11:03 pm - Germantown, TN
I like Nectar - by Syntrax.  They have many flavors and you can get the "shake" kind or a "juice" kind.  I have tried the Nectarine/Orange flavor and now am trying the Cherry flavor.  I add in Crystal light drink mix to add flavor and make it a bit sweeter. 

I buy mine at the Vitamin Shop on Poplar.  It has like 23 g. of protein per scoop.
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Tooty
on 8/18/10 3:37 am - Germantown, TN
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!  I am so excited.  I went grocery shoping and decided to take another look at Slim Fast.  (I lived on Slim Fast Low Carb and was doing great then they got recalled)....Low and Behold they are back again!!! YIPPEEE.....They have a new box/look and they look just like the regular slim fast, but there is a small spot in blue that says Low Carb....They have 20 g. of protein in 1 can and only 180 calories!!  They were almost $8.00 for 4 cans..but if you consider that a meal it is a good deal.....

So I just wanted to throw that option out to you as well.  I also used to drink Atkins shakes but stopped buying them because everytime I bought some they would pour out chunky and I would get a gag reflex from the look of it!! Yuck!!

Okay..off to enjoy my shake....time to get strict again!! 
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/10 4:50 am - Arlington, TN
 Thanks Tooty...Ill give that slim fast a try....
Most Active
Recent Topics