I'm Pregnant!!!

Chandra A.
on 8/8/10 3:24 am - Nashville, TN
I just wanted to share this.  I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 23 after 2 yrs of trying to have a child when I was married.  I continued to be told that my chances of pregnancy were slim to none unless I lost the weight which could reverse the PCOS.  I had my WLS May 2008 in the very capable hands of Dr. Houston.  I asked about the chances of fertility after I lost the weight and he said there is no gaurantee but it is likely as he's had other patients conceive after. I had begun to doubt that my case would be the same because nothing was happening after I got down to my goal weight of 155 and had been having regular cycles again a few months after surgery.  Last Sunday I was 9 days late for my cycle.  I took not one but two pregnancy test because I couldn't believe the first one.  I am happy to announce after a visit to my GYN this past Friday that I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I could go on and on about all the joys of the journey but nothing compares to this.  It was a long time dream of mine to have a child that I never though would be realized.  I can't even begin to explain to you the great joy that came from seeing my 6 week old baby during the ultrasound.  I want to say thank you to the staff for Dr. Houston, the staff at Centennial and of course Dr. Houston for giving me greater joy beyond what he had already provided.  If you know the pain of thinking you can't have a child due to weight issues, know that this can very well happen for you too.  Put your body in the hands of capable professionals, your mind on the path they put you on and your heart to the power of God's miracles.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSwtgD0/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSwtgD0/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Angela Goode
on 8/8/10 8:03 am - Talbott, TN
Congratulations and God Bless You.
~Angela Goode
Susan J.
on 8/8/10 10:26 am - Madison, TN
This is wonderful news Chandra. I am so happy for you!!

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Pam Davis
on 8/8/10 9:11 pm - Franklin, TN
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Most Active
Recent Topics