Dr. Hugh Houston patient's

GIA C.
on 8/6/10 8:13 am
I have contacted Dr. Houston office for a revision to a DS.  Has anyone here had DS revision surgery with Dr. Houston or virgin DS surgery with him.  My insurance is Medicare and he is not a provider of Medicare so, I was wondering if anybody who has Medicare knows what his fee is roughly.  I have read some of his reviews and his patient's seem to like him.  I would be interested to hear everyone's opinion.  Does he do open surgery or just lap surgery?

Thanks, peace & love,

GIA!
k9ophile
on 8/7/10 6:12 am
It is my understanding that Dr. H will revise only the intestinal part and not the RNY pouch.  This has been desribed as the worst of the DS and RNY when it comes to supplementation needs.  Yes, there are people living with it.  They  post on the DS forum.  You will need to think long and hard and know just exactly how your guts will be refigured before proceeding.

As for Dr. Houston's skills, I have no doubt that he can do what he says he can do.  He is very skilled and has years of experience with laparoscopic procedures.  I have no idea about his fees, yet imagine he is worth what he charges.  Mine was a virgin DS and I am very happy with the results.  Centennial has an excellent program and the office staff is very helpful. 

Best wishes in your quest.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

jharrington8172
on 8/8/10 9:14 am - Hermitage, TN
I had Dr. Houston for my virgin DS.   Mine was done lap with a 34 french bougie and a 100 cc.    I think the world of Dr. Houston - he is the greatest.   When i was selecting a surgeon - there was another surgeon in KY that everyone thought i should go to because he had more experience.   I chose Dr. Houston because I really connected with him during my consult and while he had done a ton of DS's he had been doing WLS for a while and he was a good cutter.   My insurance covered my DS so I am not sure what Dr. Houston's fee - everyone at CMC is great - you really can't go wrong.   The only think I have to say is if you are seeing a RNY to DS revision then you won't get a true DS with Dr. Houston. 

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

MsBatt
on 8/10/10 8:05 am
What do you have now? If Dr. Houston won't revise to a true DS, I'd start looking for a different surgeon.

If you'll post this on the DS board, I'm sure someone can recommend a revision surgeon, and possibly one that takes Medicare.
Most Active
Recent Topics