Gatorade G2

Jennifer P.
on 6/24/10 3:01 am - Murfreesboro, TN
 Does anyone else use this for your fluids? I find I can tolerate it better than water or crystal light.  It has some calories, but is lower than regular gatorade.
southernlady5464
on 6/24/10 4:20 am
Yes, it's lower but it's still 45 calories a bottle if you get the bottles by the case like we DID at Sam's. After we finish what we have, we are switching to PowerAde Zero. I tried it, like it and it has 0 calories per bottle.

I'd rather eat than drink my calories, wouldn't you? Worth a try, buy one and see if you like it.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Susan J.
on 6/24/10 4:39 am - Madison, TN
I prefer the Powerade Zero too. I use it mainly when I work out, especially in this heat.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 6/24/10 8:20 am
As an RNY patient, I would prob be careful of the Gatorade G2.  I looked up the stats on the fruit punch and it showed 7g of sugar per serving (not sure if a serving is 8oz or a 20oz bottle).

I know that I might be able to tolorate that amount of sugar, but that is excess sugar that you may want to reserve for something else.

I'm with the other posters in going with the Powerade Zero as it has no sugar or calories.  Also comes in plenty of flavors now (My favorite being orange!).

Michael.
Susan J.
on 6/25/10 2:01 am - Madison, TN

Hi-jack!!

Are you still sharing your WLS story at support group July 6?

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Michael S.
on 6/25/10 7:13 am
Thanks for reminding me, I may not be able to get the time off.

I need to contact Heather about it and let her know.

Michael.
Jennifer P.
on 6/30/10 9:56 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks, y'all! I switched to the Powerade Zero & love it- especially lemon lime & orange.  Thanks for the help! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics