Semi-new with a question.

KellyJTn
on 6/19/10 2:00 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Hi everyone! I lurk mostly, so I thought I'd say hi before asking my question :)  I'm pre-op and see Dr. Boyce. My surgery is on July 7th. I just started my pre-op diet 3 days ago. I bought the orange flavored chewable vitamins from their office, and I absolutely cannot stand them. Problem is, I paid $28 for this huge bottle. Is there anyone here that is lurking that maybe need some and would be willing to reimburse me a lil for them, so I can go buy the regular kind? I hate to have wasted $28 on something that makes me sick just looking at. I'm sure they're great for other people, but it's just the texture that bothers me. The bottle is a 180 day supply, and I've only taken 2 from it.

Thanks, and sorry to sound like I'm just here to advertise, I just know the office won't accept returns, blah :( 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Michael S.
on 6/19/10 7:23 am
Welcome and good luck on your surgery!

I bet that the vitamins that you bought are the Bariatric Advantage.  Those were the first one's that I bought.

One thing that I would recommend is wait till after your surgery and make sure that you still do not like those as tastes ALWAYS change after surgery.  I know that that is wierd, but you will see what I mean.

If you still do like them after surgery, I might recommend that you try the Celebrate vitamins.  You can get these in Nashville at the Pharmacy at Baptist.  I beleive that they will let you try them before you purchase them.

I like these better than the Bariatric Advantage.

Michael.
KellyJTn
on 6/20/10 4:54 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Thanks for the advice, Michael. I'll see if Parkwest here in Knoxville has those as well. I know the office has the vitamins in regular pill form and not chewables, but I just thought chewables would taste fine. Guess I was wrong, lol.  I've tolerated taking a few more from the bottle, and I just guess I will stomach it for a while longer, lol. I've heard of tastes changing post-op, so hopefully that's the case! ;)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

CharleeG
on 6/20/10 9:24 am - Jonesboro, AR
Hi - sticking my nose in. If you're having the DS, you really need to go to vitalady.com and check out what she has to offer. The separate vitamins are better for what we need than the BA ADEK combo.

southernlady5464
on 6/21/10 9:47 am
CharleeG
on 6/21/10 9:49 am - Jonesboro, AR
Glad to hear it's better than BA!

Susan J.
on 6/22/10 4:41 am - Madison, TN

I'd like to see the stats for Dr. Boyce's line of vitamins to see how they compare with BA and Celebrate.

I think this info about his OWN line of vitamins before but no one could obtain the stats to post them.

Personally, I would be leery of anyone, including a doctor, making a claim like this without being willing to provide the documentation to support it.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

southernlady5464
on 6/22/10 6:23 am
melsreturn
on 6/22/10 12:38 pm - Madison, TN
Does this doctor require his patients to buy the vitamins from him? 

southernlady5464
on 6/22/10 9:19 pm, edited 6/22/10 9:28 pm
No, he doesn't.  But if you have a HealthCare or FlexSpending Account, why wouldn't you buy from him and use your MEDICAL account to pay for it that way instead of paying out of pocket. Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics