Lookin for some pre surgery buds in East Tenn

anjelinaj
on 6/18/10 10:49 am
Hey guys...i am looking for some people in East Tenn that are working toward WLS.  I am half way thru my insurance requirements, and hoping to have surgery with K Robert Williams near the end of the year. The requirements are a challenge, not to mention lack of support from family/friends/coworkers.  lookin forward to hearing from someone as excited as me...
chat_cat
on 6/19/10 12:07 am - Mountain City, TN
Hi I live in east TN and I am having WLS on August the 2nd, I am very excited! I look forward to hearing from you!
KellyJTn
on 6/19/10 1:43 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Hi! I'm mostly a lurker here, but hope to change that :)   I'm just outside of Knoxville and I see Dr. Boyce. My surgery is July 7th. :)   I agree with you, the presurgery requirements were tedious! Seems like I was always doing something to get approved!

Nice to meet you!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

anjelinaj
on 6/19/10 7:21 am
You guys are way ahead of me....good luck to you both!...I love reading and seeing peoples success stories.  Ill be wanting details of how ur doing post surgery. 
KellyJTn
on 6/20/10 4:57 am - Oak Ridge, TN
It's definitely a long time coming, though. For 5 years now I have tried to get approved for the surgery. My hubby would have an insurance, they'd deny me, I'd appeal, and denied again, then his job would switch insurance and I'd go through the process all over again. Finally....an insurance approved me! LOL I did 5 mths of the pre-op Dr supervised diet, which seemed to take ages. Then after that, everything has kind of flew by. I can't believe that my surgery is so soon. It's amazing, and I'm scared to death, lol. Surgery is usually not my friend, so I'm hoping things will be good with recovery. I'll be sure to update. I plan on bringing the comp with me to the hospital :) Woohoo for free WIFI!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

KittenLove
on 6/20/10 11:00 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Whooo hooo!!! have you been to any support groups in person yet??? There are some great ones!!

Welcome!! - fellow east Tennessean, RNY-er, and just a person wingin it one day at at time

Be happy. 

Amy A.
on 6/21/10 4:32 am - Riceville, TN
Hi, I am in East TN too, right smack in between Knoxville and Chattanooga. Where are you from?
anjelinaj
on 6/21/10 5:53 am
I am just below Tri-Cities....
If one of you kind ladies would help me upload a picture, i would put one up...when I try it tells me my pics are too big...and i dont know how to shrink them...

As far as the journey goes, no, I have not been to a support meeting, but there is one i want to go to in Kpt next month...the are having an UNJURY taste test...lol...and one required by my surgeon next month in Sevierville...looking forward to both. Tomorrow night is sleep study...hope I can sleep..LOL
southernlady5464
on 6/21/10 9:34 am
anjelinaj
on 6/23/10 5:33 am
Hey Southern Lady ~

That is great!  I have United Healthcare as well, but my version requires the six month diet.  Its been ok...although i have wanted this for awhile, it still takes time to get your head around it!  lol   Its been going by pretty fast, there is always something to do for insurance, or the surgeon, or yourself!...=) 
Most Active
Recent Topics