Getting back on the horse

Gracie062
on 6/15/10 6:41 am - Hermitage, TN
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted.  I've fallen off the Lap-Band Wagon and am just disgusted with myself. 

I have no restriction due to a stressful move I had about 18 months ago.  I was developing an ulcer and Dr. Morton removed all fill. 

I'm diabetic and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  Due to the pain, it makes it difficult to exercise.  I've also got panni issues that add somewhat to the difficulty.  I'm rarely leave my home because of the access issues - it's hard to go places when you can't walk through Wal-Mart.

As if this wasn't enough, my mother passed away in 2008.  My dad passed in 2009.  We took my dad's ashes to Arlington in October and just took my mom's ashes to Iowa for burial.

So - I'm angry with myself, I'm depressed, I'm angry that I'm depressed and I'm depressed that I'm angry.  But most of all, I'm ready to start again.

Jen
Truly Trina
on 6/15/10 9:24 pm - Nashville, TN
Jen,

I will be at Vanderbilt WLS clinic today at 1:30 for a support group... Do you think you could make it there today?

Trina

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Gracie062
on 6/16/10 12:43 am - Hermitage, TN
 Unfortunately, today isn't good.  However, that is defin. something I want to do.  I think that was a downfall from before.

Is this monthly, weekly?  I'm really interested in this.

Made the call to Dr. Morton today!  :)  Appt is 7/15.

Truly Trina
on 6/17/10 7:39 am - Nashville, TN

Jen,

You have made some real positive steps in the right direction.

Calling Dr. Morton's office for an appointment is an excellent thing to do. That is awesome.. 

If it all possible try not to beat yourself up anymore than you already have. That creates that vicious cycle that many of us make for ourselves. You can see a bit of that here where you said .......  So - I'm angry with myself, I'm depressed, I'm angry that I'm depressed and I'm depressed that I'm angry.               and so the cycle begins...and we ultimately give up and give in....

You are reaching out and that is not easy to do... But you have and my hats off to you Jen.  Calling for an appointment with your surgeon's office was the best thing you could do. 

Keep in mind that life is a constant struggle.  Sometimes I think that if I can just get over this particular hump or pass through that particular tunnel in which I am struggling with at the moment, that everything will be smooth sailing from then on.  That just won't happen.  I have come to realize that life is a series of problems that I have to force myself to consider them as opportunities to learn and grow..  When I do that I don't get nearly as stressed out when the struggles come.

Yes, there is a Vanderbilt WLS support group that meets every Wednesday at 1:30.. you are more than welcome to attend, we would love to have you...  I will be out of town next week but I will be back the following week.... There are several really good groups around town.. I would like to encourage you to get out as much as you can.  I know that you don't feel good but try to keep you moving...

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Most Active
Recent Topics