Hey folks - just checkin' in!

BamaBob54
on 6/8/10 4:21 am, edited 6/8/10 4:54 am - Meridianville, AL
Hey there all my Tennessee Forum friends! How ya'll been? It's been a while since I have posted, but I've been busier than a cat covering up it's business the last  6 months!  Here's the short scoop:
1)  Retired  from the city Dec. 31, 2009, after 30 years of service
2)  Started a home repair business 1 week later
3)  My 80 year old mother was hospitalized in March for over 2 months with severe blood infection that settled in her spine - she nearly died - she's still trying to recuperate but will never be independent again.
4) My 86 year old mother-in-law has had 4 major strokes in the last six weeks - currently in the hospital in bad shape.

As you can see, I've been stretched to the max and no end in sight for the immediate future. The wife and I work every day, then go take care of an elderly parent at night. But at least I'm able to do it  - no way I could have before WLS!  I feel great and my weight is holding between 170 - 176 lbs., and  I've had no health issues since my surgery!

Hope to be able to get back here more often in the future.
Ya'll all take care.  
BamaBob54    756997.jpg picture by BamaVulcan04   ROLL TIDE!!!
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/BamaVulcan04/2661045004_3d63fb2244.jpg[/IMG]
[
Bob L.
on 6/8/10 8:11 pm - Clarksville, TN
Good to hear from you! Hey if your still looking for a trailer let me know I might be able to help.  We need to take some time to catch up and maybe do as our good friend Scott says stop and BREATH! C'ya Bud 

BamaBob54
on 6/9/10 8:47 am - Meridianville, AL
Hey Bob! Tried to call you a couple of times but couldn't get through for some reason. Sent you a few emails - jokes and the like. You're right ol' buddy, we do need to do some catchin' up. I'm hoping to be able to get up your way in a few weeks for a weekend, when things settle down a bit with our both of our mothers. Hope everything is going well for you and Debbie.  Tell her hello from us.

Give me a shout when ya get a few minutes (or hours, LOL). C'ya buddy!
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/BamaVulcan04/2661045004_3d63fb2244.jpg[/IMG]
[
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/10 4:19 am - Sevierville, TN
 So good to see you here, Bob. You are looking great, as always. I'm sorry so many stressful things are going on in your life. That is a heavy load to carry. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Don't be a stranger and check in when you can.

Blessings,
Karen
BamaBob54
on 6/10/10 4:28 am - Meridianville, AL
Thanks Karen. You're looking good too. Keep up the good work.
[
Truly Trina
on 6/15/10 9:54 pm - Nashville, TN

Hi Bob from Bama

It is so good to see ya.... I was talking about you the other day..  Were your ears burning?

Squeeze some time into your busy schedule and come visit your Nashville friends.  I am serious about that..  Ms. Barb is wonderful at setting up get together times and locations.. just let us know when it could be a possibility and she will make it happen.  And for a low fee of 5 dollas we will let the other Bob tag along

Are you and Patricia still being able to do the motorcycle weekend rides?

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Most Active
Recent Topics