Dr. Houston

cpinck
on 6/2/10 4:06 am - Henderson, KY
Can anyone that has had experience with Dr. Houston with regards to revision from RNY to DS give me their experience with their insurance, the doctor and the surgery itself?  Were there any complications, etc...
jharrington8172
on 6/2/10 10:04 am - Hermitage, TN
I was a virgin DS so I really can't speak for the revision surgery or the insurance but I can tell you that Dr. Houston is great.   With that being said - if you want a true DS - you will not get one with him as a revision (from RNY).   What he does is keeps your pouch intact and then gives you the DS intestines.   There are very few doctors in the US that do a complete RNY to DS revision and some of the ones that do them are shying away from them and doing what Dr. Houston does.  Dr. Houston told me he thought it was overkill to take the pouch down and create a sleeve so that is why he does not do that.  The staff at CMC is great and they will be able to walk you through all the insurance hoops.   Hope I helped a little bit.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

cpinck
on 6/3/10 9:57 am - Henderson, KY
Thanks John.  The reason why I am wanting a DS is because I have EXTREMELY low metabolism and everything I have read says that the DS is a metabolic surgery and the RNY is not.  I am guessing that is a big reason why the RNY I had did not do well for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics