Dr Boyce

Spanky123
on 6/1/10 1:06 am
Would like to hear from anyone who had Dr Boyce as ther WLS surgeon.
I have never had surgery and am anxious about the post op and recovery period.

what was your experience like after surgery, What is thier pre op and post op diet like?
Thanks
KittenLove
on 6/1/10 6:17 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I had Dr. Boyce perform my WLS on 9/2/08 and wouldn't let anyone but him cut me I wish he could be my dr for everything -- he has an incredible bedside manner and is well-respected in the medical community. Pre-op he just wanted me to focus on the behaviors such as no-drinking with meals and getting used to reduce portions but no major weight loss required. He has a full service staff that is dedicated to your needs - one is a nutritionist, an exercise physiologist, and a therapist to deal with the mental stuff.

I never took any pain meds after the surgery but nausea about killed me (i don't do well with anesthesia)..stayed in teh hospital from Tuesday thru Friday and was back at work the next week.

Nine months later, he took my gallbladder out and 14 months out, he did a hernia repair.

I highly recommend you call them at 694-9676 and attend their seminar and set up an initial consult! You will not be disappointed! Feel free to PM me!!

Be happy. 

kap63
on 6/4/10 4:49 pm
Ditto what KittenLove said.

I had a lap DS and subsequent gall bladder removal by Dr. Boyce. Both his medical expertise and bedside manner are outstanding. He truly has his patient's best interest at heart .He has even had his staff call to check on me for a medical situation totally unrelated to my WLS.

I didn't need pain medication after leaving the hospital for either surgery. I believe this was due to Dr. Boyce's gentleness and skill as a surgeon.I did have alot of nausea post op and did not progress my diet as quickly as I could have. 

He and his staff have an excellent  informational seminar on WLS and will stay to answer questions. They also have a comprehensive aftercare program. Everyone in the office wants you to be a success.

There are several support groups that meet in the area. You will be able to meet people in all phases of their journey.

www.parkwestcwlc.com/life-after-surgery/support-group/

Feel free to PM me .

K

HunyBunny
on 6/6/10 6:32 am - GA
My DS surgery is scheduled for 18/19 July with Dr. Boyce. I'm thrilled to have this work with him. I visited several doctors before and overall, I think he's the best.

What kind of surgery do you want?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrXdz6C/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wrXdz6C/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

God is always good!

HW-215, SW-201, CW-195, GW-125

Most Active
Recent Topics