Join us to walk a 5K

Susan J.
on 4/28/10 5:56 am - Madison, TN

A friend of mine from work is putting together a group to walk the Hendersonville Classic on Memorial Day.

If you would like to join us, we meet for group training on Saturdays and she has a calendar of the training schedule for the rest of the days. You walk at your own pace, she just sets the distance for training purposes.

We will meet this Saturday at 9am at Moss Wright Park near the bathrooms. If you are interested, let me know and I will PM you with my phone number so we can make sure we hook up Saturday.

After the 5K, we will begin training immediately for the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville on September 25.

We are going to look for other 5Ks in the area between May and September.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

t2nashville
on 4/30/10 1:15 am
Susan - I'm out of town on Memorial Day, but would be very interested in any other 5Ks that come available. I did the 1/2 marathon on April 24 - that's just too much for me. But a 5K would be just my speed! (Walking, that is - I'm not a runner!)

Susan J.
on 4/30/10 2:26 am - Madison, TN

I'm not a runner either. If you see me running I am either being chased or I'm running behind someone from the gas company or the bomb squad! LOL

Amy is looking for other 5Ks for us. She has found one in June so far.

Due to the nasty weather predicted for tomorrow, she has moved tomorrow's distance walk inside to Opry Mills. We will walk about a mile +?? If you would like to join us, we will meet at the Gibson Guitar entrance at 9am.

She picks a different park or location each week to give a variety of terrain and based on the distance we are planning to walk. Keeps it from getting boring too.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Blush
on 5/1/10 9:32 am - Nashville, TN
http://search.active.com/search?f=activities&l=Nashville%2C+TN%2C+US&m=meta%3AstartDate%3Adaterange%3Atoday..+meta%3Achannel%3DRunning&k=&v=list&s=date_asc&r=50

Here is a list of upcoming 5ks (if the link doesn't work you can go to active.com and search).

I'll be away for Memorial day but maybe I can join you next time.

Lap RNY - August 12, 2008 - 365/340/193/175
Most Active
Recent Topics