Protein powder... 60g at once to much?

hollykim
on 4/23/10 1:29 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Thanks!

Susan J.
on 4/22/10 9:56 pm - Madison, TN

Have you tried using any of the RTD proteins in a larger cup of coffee? You may like Pure Protein, Oh Yeah, Muscle Milk, or Labrada RTD. That would still give you 20-25 grams of protein but with more coffee.

You can find these RTDs at The Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods and online. I'm not sure if GNC carries any of them or not as I don't shop there. Someone else may be able to tell you if GNC carries any of them.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

melsreturn
on 4/22/10 11:03 pm - Madison, TN
They say you learn something new every day...  and I must admit that I've never read this study before...  I am saving it and placing it in my "Personal" file....

I've seen folks who like the "double scoop" method with their protein powders.  My train of thoughts tends to be, why get it all in one drink and put all those calories in just one, when I could break them down into 2, and enjoy one in the morning, one in the afternoon?

Later in the weight loss journey, a lot counts on CALORIES.  Early on when we aren't able to eat much, and depend so religiously on our protein shakes...  double scooping may have its advantages (though, I have never practiced double scoops).  But, later when we are able to eat more, able to enjoy food more, yet have to watch calorie ingestion...  double scooping tends to be a bad idea, IMHO.

Telisha
on 4/22/10 11:25 pm
Mel,

I see your point, but my goal isn't to get more protien in one sitting it''s to get more coffee! LOL I guess I will have to play around with the RTDs, although I really love the inspire protien 4oz of coffee just ain't gonna cut it and I dont want to go back to creamer it has way more calaries and carbs because I use so much because I need my coffee creeeeaaaaaammmmmmmyyyyyy!

Thanks for all the help and advise,

Sher

hollykim
on 4/23/10 1:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
LOL,if you are just wanting more creamy coffee,have you tried evaporated milk,soy milk or almond milk?
Evaporateed milk has, for 2 tbsp:
3.5 carb,3.5 net carbs  2.3 gns protein,and0.6 g of fat.
Good luck,
Holly

Telisha
on 4/23/10 9:55 pm, edited 4/23/10 9:56 pm
I have not tried it. My issue is that I would use 10 tbsp per 16 oz cup (I was only having one 16  oz cup a day on my way to work) So multiply that out and it is to much!

Thanks for the advice though.

Sher

melsreturn
on 4/24/10 2:19 am - Madison, TN
Aha!  I think (strong emphasis on that word...) that we might have a few ideas....

Almond Breeze unsweetened milk has just 45 calories per CUP!  You could try to measure out one cup of Almond Breeze and use a few tblsp at a time... you can have coffee all day long!!!  

If it doesn't provide enough "flavor"...  I'd resort to the good old sugar free syrups...  if its caramel you really like, get some sugar free starbucks caramel in the bottle for just about $6.99 a bottle.....

If its creamer you want...  then creamer we shall try to get an alternative for!!!  lol

melsreturn
on 4/23/10 1:13 am - Madison, TN
I guess you could always get a caffeine iv! 

Telisha
on 4/23/10 1:16 am
I would, but I enjoy the taste to much. It's one of the very few things that actually taste the same after surgery for me. It's funny how that happens.

Thanks,

Sher

melsreturn
on 4/23/10 1:40 am - Madison, TN
Well...  tell ya what.  Try the RTD's, and a few other concoctions...  and let us know what works....  that way, when someone else asks...  we can pull it out of our "box of tips".... 

Most Active
Recent Topics