insurance question

maggielou
on 4/13/10 12:41 pm
I have a friend is wants to have the surgery but is not sure if her insurance will cover it.  I have told her just to call the insurance company or the surgeons office and speak with Ebony but I think she is a little afraid to.  Not sure if she is afraid it will or will not cover it.  She works at Walmart.  Walmart has BCBS insurance but offers a tier program for insurance packages. 

Has anyone or knows any one that has been approved that works at Walmart using the insurance that Walmart offers.  My company uses BCBS of AL but all plans are different

any help will be greatly welcomed

i had my surgery on 11/9 and feels great and enjoy the comments from people calling me "skinny" and tell me that if I keep losing i will melt away.

hw/286  sw/254 tw/190  only 40-50lbs left   yeah me

thanks

melsreturn
on 4/14/10 2:12 am - Madison, TN
My sister in law worked at Walmart for years.  She went round and round with Walmart to pay for the wls.  But, Walmart will not allow the surgery to be covered.  It's up to the employer, not the insurance company.  I did read of one person in Florida who sued Walmart and they got theirs approved, but you would have to go through a lawyer.  There is one who practices specifically just to get wls covered for folks.  I can find  his name if you want.  Wish I had better news, but I don't think they pay for it now either.

Most Active
Recent Topics