Ran my first half marathon on Sunday!

KittenLove
on 3/30/10 11:04 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Whoo hoo!!! 13.1 miles and finished in under 3 hours (my original goal although I had later moved it to 2.5 hours).

Today is the first day I'm not sore but I tell you, it was amazing! The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon had a Kids Run, a 5K, a half and a full marathon -- it was awesome event and well put together.

The day before when i went to the Health and Fitness Expo I met Sherry from the Biggest Loser (pink mom).
She was so sweet!!

Anyhoo, thanks to our resident photography expert for helping me with my new avatar which was taken immediately after the run.

Whoo hoo!! I love love love my new life!!! To all you newbies, pre-ops, or anyone wanting to get active, just DO IT!!!

Be happy. 

SCOTT O.
on 3/31/10 3:50 am - Nashville, TN
t2nashville
on 4/1/10 1:07 am
Congratulations! I am walking (not running) my first 1/2 marathon on April 24 here in Nashville. I'm very excited about reaching a new milestone in my life. I admire you so much for doing this!

Susan J.
on 4/1/10 4:13 am - Madison, TN

A friend of mine is walking the Music City Marathon on April 24th too. I'm going to train with her and her friends for the next 5k or marathon...wherever.

My daughter and I have some very special plans for that day.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

SCOTT O.
on 4/6/10 10:06 am, edited 4/6/10 10:06 am - Nashville, TN
I'll be there taking photos.  Maybe I can pick you out of 30,000 people!

Wear something that will make you stand out!  :)
Susan J.
on 4/1/10 4:14 am - Madison, TN
I bow to you!! I am not a runner and never will be.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Most Active
Recent Topics