Inspire protein drink from BE

Pam Davis
on 3/28/10 10:19 pm - Franklin, TN
Has anyone tried this new line of protein drinks from BariatricEating.com? If so, what flavors and what's your opinion of them?
Thanks!
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

melsreturn
on 3/28/10 11:26 pm - Madison, TN
I've tried protein powders in flavors peanut butter, pom raz sangria, caramel latte, cinnamon cappuccino.  They are all good.... 

In the Believe rtd's from BE, I've tried  italian cappuccino, mocha latte, and chai tea. My favorite is chai tea.

BUT, Bariatric Advantage has the same type of drink called Pro Joe.  They are MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE on shipping! And, chai tea is my favorite.  It has been said that they are the same thing as the Believe RTDs from BE but I am not 100% positive on that.

fbsummers
on 3/29/10 2:48 am
Hi Pam!

I've tried the Vanilla Creme Brulee as well as the ones Mel mentioned.  The vanilla is more like butterscotch and I didn't care for it initially but if you warm it up and add a little SF creamer-it's okay. 

I LOVE the Pro Joe mocha.  It rocks! 

All of the Inspire powders are good.  Favorites are Ice Cream Sandwich and Peanut Butter Cookie.

My favorite proteins are still the ones I get here locally.  I'm a Max girl.

Hope this helps!
Freddie
  Before WLS              

Before......   Surgery......  Post-op.....
Pam Davis
on 3/29/10 11:10 pm - Franklin, TN
Thanks guys! We've been trying to get BE to send us some samples for preop class and it's like no one there will respond. I don't want to recommend a product without having some feedback. Personally, I still like the Amp from GNC.
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

nashvillemama58
on 3/30/10 9:20 pm
 Love the caramel latte and the peanut butter. I often add PB2 to the peanut butter. I'd like to try the melon, but it keeps getting sold out.

hurdsong
on 11/5/20 6:36 am
VSG on 10/19/20

I was curious about all the rave reviews I read so I did what you are exactly not supposed to do and ordered doubles of the most popular flavors. I have been having difficulty drinking shakes made from the protein powder I purchased from my doctor's office and waited expectantly for my shipment to arrive. I tried my first this morning- Cafe Bella I believe- and was hugely disappointed. The sweetness factor over-rode what little coffee cappuccino flavor I could detect. It has a definitive stevia aftertaste and was so sweet I couldn't drink it. I made mine with 8 oz skim milk and thought that if I added a little unsweetened cocoa powder it might help. I even heated it a bit so it might taste like a real cappuccino. A bit more palatable, but not enough for me to keep the second bag... or finish the shape I made (which I am still attempting to do. Perhaps if you put it into a real cup of coffee it might work but I am only 2 weeks out from surgery and not having coffee yet. I sure hope the other flavors give a better response! I have to say that I am quite disappointed

martha6133
on 4/13/10 8:14 pm - Portland, TN
Personally, I haven't tried any of the protein drinks mentioned above, but would like to mention that Walmart carries the Jillian Michaels Whey Protein powder drink.  The Triple Chocolate Shake is my VERY favorite.  I have not tried the vanilla - just because I love the chocolate and it gives me the chocolate fix that I need.  I would recommend with any powder drink though that you purchase a hand mixer because the powder shakes do not tend to mix well just with a spoon.  Love this product and the taste!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics