Dr. Olsen patients...central line?

Jennifer Adams
on 3/24/10 12:16 am - Springfield, TN
if you have or had Dr Olsen did you have a central line placed in your neck? is this a must with this surgeon? or is there a reason for this? Ive had so many surgeries in the past and never a central line before.
Jennifer Adams

SW 299.7/GW 175           
Telisha
on 3/24/10 12:42 am
I did not have Dr. Olsen, however I did have to have a central line. They only do one if for some reason they can't get a good IV in you. I had such small veins that anytime they tried it broke so the central line was the only way to go. It did not hurt because they give you feel good stuff so you could care less. It didn't hurt coming out either. I actually think it was better then then having an IV. It wasn't in the way, all my fluids and pain med when right into it. Don't stress over it. You will feel nothing if you have to have one.

HTH Sher

janejane1128
on 3/24/10 8:31 am - whitwell, TN
Dr. Olsen was my surgeon and i didnt have to have a central line.. I know several of his patients and none of th patients i know didnt have to have one..
Jennifer Adams
on 3/24/10 12:45 pm - Springfield, TN
oh ok, great that gives me some hope, I really hope I dont have to have a central line!
Jennifer Adams

SW 299.7/GW 175           
jharrington8172
on 3/24/10 1:12 pm - Hermitage, TN
I had Dr. Houston and the DS and had a central line.  I would not stress over the central line - you are feeling pretty good when they insert it and it really makes life easier while you are in the hospital. 

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

msmarilyn68
on 3/25/10 1:00 am - Wartrace, TN
I had Dr. Olsen and did have a central line. The purpose was so that the amounts of meds could be given without blowing smaller veins and such. It was not painful, just a nuisance. I really cannot remember when they removed it, but I was there from Monday til Wednesday and took a shower Tuesday p.m. and it was gone.

ms.marilyn68

sw313/cw258/gw150
Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees,
you're in the perfect position to pray!

Sonya Standridge
on 4/7/10 10:01 am - adamsville, TN
I had Dr. Olsen and THE CENTRAL LINE IS THE BEST THING!!! I had mine put in after I was asleep and it never bothered me at all. Its a 1000 times better than being stuck unlimited times and you dont get sore like you do with a regular iv.... Good luck!!!

melsreturn
on 4/8/10 11:12 pm - Madison, TN
Hi, Sonya. I barely recognized you.  I love your new avatar and it looks as if you are doing wonderful with your progress!  

Sonya Standridge
on 4/8/10 11:16 pm - adamsville, TN
Hello yea I am doing great!! I am almost at goal weight I think I like about 13 pounds or so. I am amazed how fast it came off. You look great too.

Most Active
Recent Topics