employed by the State

kimdawn67
on 3/21/10 10:44 am - Hermitage, TN
I am employed by the State and have the cigna POS insurance.  I have done my six months diet with the Dr. and was told I needed to then have the mental evaluation.  But I called Cigna and they tell me the rules have changed and you don't have to have that anymore.  Has anyone that is a state employee been approved recently or since these changes have gone into effect.

Thanks, kim
Susan J.
on 3/22/10 3:36 am - Madison, TN
I think most of the surgery programs in the area require the mental evaluation even if your insurance doesn't require it. I would check with your clinic to see if it's part of their criteria.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

fbsummers
on 3/22/10 11:49 pm
Hi Kim:

I am three years out but I am a state employee and have Cigna POS.  I agree with Susan...I think it has to do with the surgeon...not just the insurance company.  It really isn't a big deal, just all Magellan and tell them what you need.  They will pre-approve you and there you go!  No biggie.

Good luck!
Freddie
  Before WLS              

Before......   Surgery......  Post-op.....
Fancee
on 3/23/10 5:42 pm - Nashville, TN
Hi Kim,

I too am with the state and yep it's the surgeon's requirement.  I am gonna PM u with the psychiatrist i used.  She is in Hermitage and it was painless.

jnt_179
on 4/22/10 2:17 am
I am new to the board but I am in my 4th month of doctor's visits. I am a teacher and have the Cigna POS. I have to get my 5 year records turned in, psych eval, and surgeon's appt. How long after turning everything in will I have the go ahead to have the surgery? Also, how much did the surgery cost you after insurance had paid. I just want to make sure that I have the money available and that I am not scrambling to come up with it. Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics