Looking for some suggestions on products.

Telisha
on 3/4/10 1:56 am
Hey all,

I want to get some suggestions on some products to try and I know you all are a great bunch to ask! Heres what I want:

I want a flovored protein powder I can make and mix into coffee in the mornings instead of creamer.

A flavored protein powder that would be good to make into an ice cream (once I figure out how).

I would like a book to read that discusses the mental side after the weight loss, something that can help with self image would be good.

I would like to get some protein bars that are tastey for when I can not fight off the snack monster anymore (it's been happening to often at work).

If you all can give me some ideas. I would prefer to find someplace I can buy them instead of ordering online but I can order too if they are better tasting. It's all about the taste. Something that doesnt taste like I am eating protein is better for me.

Thanks all!

Sher

Pam Davis
on 3/4/10 8:06 pm - Franklin, TN
Hi Sher, a protein you can mix with coffee - you'll have to be careful that the coffee is not super hot as it will affect the look, texture and taste of the protein. I've used the bariatric advantage powdered protein mocha, chocolate and banana (I know the banana sounds gross, but I thought it was pretty good) in coffee. No clue about the ice cream as I've never had an interest in trying that and of course, we wouldn't encourage ice cream. There is an awesome book called the Emotional First Aid Kit which is just absolutely awesome!

Hope this helps!
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Susan J.
on 3/4/10 9:08 pm - Madison, TN

I don't know what area of town you are in. But if you are near Rivergate or Cool Springs check out The Vitamin Shoppe. They have a wide variety of protein bars, RTD and protein powders. You might try Oh Yeah! RTD as your creamer substitute; or one of the other RTD they have available for single purchase.

Several of us regularly sample new products we find. Some are rejected after one bite and others become part of our arsenal of "go to" products for when that desire for a treat hits. I don't advocate the regular use of protein bars but if it becomes a choice between a real candy bar and something lower sugar/carb and high protein that satisfies that craving - I'm taking the protein bar!

Some of my favorite bars are:

Supreme Protein - $100,000 Bar - YUM!!
Oh Yeah! - chocolate, caramel, peanuts/peanut butter, nougat - you get the picture
Power Crunch Bars - like a chocolate coated sugar wafer cookie
Rockin'Roll Bars - this one tastes like a Payday

Remember...M O D E R A T I O N, not a daily item. Sometimes just a couple of bites is all it takes to defeat the snack monster.

You might check out recovering fatty dot com for product reviews and a list of favorites. There are also recipes for just about anything you could want, including protein ice cream. Protein ice cream is basically a protein shake frozen in a small ice cream freezer. Again, not a daily item but a better alternative than a pint of Haagen Dazs.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

melsreturn
on 3/7/10 12:34 am - Madison, TN
Labrada Lean Body ready to drink, Oh Yeah ready to drink, and also the new Syntha 6 ready to drink (OH MY GAWD, CHOCOLATE IS SMOOTH, CREAMY AND WONDERFUL) will all work wonderful in ice cream.  You can throw it in an ice cream maker alone or with some other stuff and it is great. 

Truly Trina
on 3/9/10 1:31 pm - Nashville, TN

Hi Sher,

When I read this I was trying to think of the name of a protein powder that "Scott" used to put in his coffee..  If he comes by sometime soon we will have to grab him and ask him what the name of that coffee protein stuff was that he used.  I think you guys have the same surgeon so there should be no discrepancies on being able to us the powder.

Now this one is easy, go to eggface.com this saint of a lady has everything you could possibly need and more to make protein ice cream, just spend a little time at her web site and you will think you are in ice cream heaven.

Okay, on this one Shar I would like to teach you to make your own protein bars...  That's right I  could teach you but I would have to charge....LOL... no wait that is a song.

Then we could find a great book about the mental side of weight loss a have a book club and discuss the book...   cool   count me in,,,
Trina

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

CharleeG
on 3/13/10 9:39 am - Jonesboro, AR
Michelle at vitalady.com sells samples of a bunch of different protein powders. I ordered scads of them to have when I get home from the hospital - what I like now, I may not be able to stand post op so don't want a vat of anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics