Dr. Houston's pre op class?

CharleeG
on 3/3/10 9:25 am - Jonesboro, AR
I'm scheduled to do pre-admission stuff at Dr. Houston's office and the hospital 3/22. What's involved in the class? I thought I was going to do more paperwork and maybe some tests, but what Holly mailed to me said class. Don't have it in front of me or I'd be more specific. Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

MerryMary
on 3/3/10 9:53 am - Brentwood, TN

Hi, Charlee!

There is a pre-op class in the classroom at Dr. Houston's office.  They will have patients coming to the class from all three surgeons.  It is for those who are having surgery fairly soon.  I think there were maybe eight people in my class.

They will give you your "Dudodenal Switch Owner's Manual" and some other goodies.  The nutritionist will talk awhile about the pre-op diets, vitamins, eating after surgery and so forth.  It is generally a getting your mind set to e successful session.  I was the only DS surgery in the room with several RNYs and sleeves.

When you go to the hospital, you get pre-registered, take care of payments, sign a bunch of forms, and do some minimal pre-op testing (blood work, urinalysis, and I think an EKG).  I had one with my lap band, but I had a full physical less than a month before surgery and they did not repeat the EkG at pre-op testing because they had access to those results.

I had my class scheduled right before my hospital stuff, so I went to the class and walked over to the hospital immediately afterward.

Mary

CharleeG
on 3/4/10 4:26 am - Jonesboro, AR
Thanks Mary!

Most Active
Recent Topics