looking for a weekend support group in east tn

Angela B.
on 2/15/10 7:11 am
Hey all!
I have searched quite a bit and found no such creature but thought Id toss it out on the TN boards. I work oddball hours and the support group through my surgeon ( dr colquitt, maryville) meets weekday evenings.  My hours  are 2 pm to 11 pm and I commute an hour each way. Living in campbell count and working in knoxville. I am preop so this is not a huge deal now but would really love to find an in -person support group that I can attend after surgery. There is a group in lafollette that also meets during the week. So far my options are take time off work each month for this or to drive a few hours. Any info tossed my way would be appreciated!

hw-481  sw-430  cw- 399.2 gw- 150
KittenLove
on 2/16/10 1:11 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Hi!!! I'm in Anderson County...Oak Ridge has a support group (this past Saturday!!) that meets on the second Saturday of each month at 10 am at Oak Ridge hospital.

Go to www.parkwestcwlc.com and click on Life After Surgery for all the groups....I know we have different surgeons but the important thing is support!!

Good luck!!

Be happy. 

Angela B.
on 2/16/10 9:41 am
thank you! I will check on that, oakridge would be great, I appreciate the response.

hw-481  sw-430  cw- 399.2 gw- 150
C3m13p16
on 2/24/10 10:21 am - Knoxville, TN
I am west Knoxville if you ever want to get together.  I work 4 days a week and I have off most Tuesdays and of course there are weekends.  Let me know.
Nsg4Him
on 2/26/10 6:17 am, edited 2/26/10 6:17 am - Sevierville, TN
I believe that UT also has a support group on Saturday mornings.  So that would give you two options.

Marilyn
                      Smoky Mountain Obesity and WLS Support Group 
                    1/17 6:30 LeConte Medical Center              

Most Active
Recent Topics