Anthem BCBS approval turnaround time?

CharleeG
on 2/10/10 6:53 am - Jonesboro, AR
I can't remember who else has Anthem - John H? Heather faxed my psych eval letter to Anthem today about a nanosecond after I faxed it to her. LOL That was my final hoope for insurance requirements. I know it takes as long as it takes, but would probably calm down a bit if I had a ballpark idea - a week, a month...?

I'm like pee my pants excited!

jharrington8172
on 2/10/10 9:19 am - Hermitage, TN
How exciting - they turned me around pretty quick.   It was faxed on a wed afternoon and approval was monday afternoon.   So hopefully they will turn yours around that quick.  I called them once on Wed. twice on Thursday, three times on Friday and then twice on Monday (getting approval at 2 PM).   Let us know as soon as you know something.   

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

CharleeG
on 2/10/10 1:23 pm - Jonesboro, AR
You mean you called the insurance people that many times? They probably approved you so you'd leave them alone. I love it! I'll start calling tomorrow first thing.

jharrington8172
on 2/10/10 7:04 pm - Hermitage, TN
I sure did - i kept a log of who i talked to and what they told me.   I think they did approve me just to have me stop calling.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Truly Trina
on 2/10/10 7:12 pm - Nashville, TN

"Follow up",  with your Insurance Company ranks pretty high in my book of "101 Things One Must Do for Weight Loss Surgery."

Okay, I really don't have a book titled that, however the thought sounded intriguing.

Maybe a couple of days after your surgeon's office has faxed your forms and letters, contact your insurance company to make sure all the required paperwork has been received.  I am not sure about all companies but mine had what they call a holding tank.  This is where so much data is faxed to them and it takes a day or two to retrieve the back log of faxes.  The company rep I spoke with over the phone was able to tell me that my items were in this infamous tank.  However, keep in mind this insurance approval ritual for me was almost 4 years ago.  Technology has come a long way in these 4 years and for all I know the insurance approver guy may possibly receive the fax in a text form on his cell phone while he is asleep.. I dunno...

Which brings me to what I really wanted to tell you.  Keep a log.  Include the date and time you called the company, the phone number you dialed, the name of the person you spoke with, and some notes about your conversation. 

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

leemorg9
on 2/11/10 12:12 am - Cleveland, TN
My stuff was admitted to my insurance company which is BlueCare Of TN which is medicaid on 2/2 and they got my approval on 2/10 and called me today Hope you get as lucky keep me posted and in the meantime I will be praying for you !
Leemorg9 (my name is Karen ) 
Stephanie C.
on 2/12/10 2:45 pm, edited 2/12/10 2:45 pm - nashville, TN
I also have Anthem. The Dr.'s office submitted it to them last Thursday, I called Anthem on Friday, Tuesday morning I was woken up with the phone call that I was approved. Hopefully you'll get some good news early next week.
jharrington8172
on 2/12/10 11:32 pm - Hermitage, TN
Congrats Stephanie on getting approval for your DS.    We will be begin having a Nashville Area DS Support Group the 2nd Thursday of the each month starting in March.   i will be posting details soon - hope to see you there if you can make it.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Stephanie C.
on 2/14/10 7:29 am - nashville, TN
Thank you. I am looking forward to the support group meetings.
CharleeG
on 2/13/10 2:34 pm - Jonesboro, AR
Fast like whoa! Congratulations! I was so busy at work Friday, I didn't think to call until it was too late. I'll ring them first thing Monday.

Most Active
Recent Topics