It's already here - One year Surgiversary!!!

Kenneth C.
on 2/4/10 11:39 pm, edited 2/5/10 4:26 am - Hendersonville, TN
It's hard to believe one year ago right now that I was in surgery and getting ready to go through a life changing experience. It's hard to believe that 1 year ago I weighed 126 lbs more than I do today and that my pants were a 42" waist instead of the 32" waist I wear today. I'm very grateful for the help of everyone at Vanderbilt and all my WLS peeps, as I couldn't have done this without all of you. Everyone has given me help, encouragement and even tough love when needed and I'm very grateful for it. I've been so busy, but I'll try to find some time this weekend to post some pics of before and now.

Thanks everyone and I can't wait until 2 years and even farther out.

• Update - I also had my 1 year followup labs drawn today and so far my labs are awesome. My cholesterol is great, HDL, LDL and Triglycerides are great, my nutritional labs are great so far, B12 (actually at 1079, but there are not really toxicity worries with this) and Iron/Ferritin #'s look good, still awaiting B-1 and Vitamin D.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest come back good.
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 1:19 am - Sevierville, TN
Congrats, Kenny. Today is my one year surgiversary too. It is really hard to believe a whole year has gone by. I'm down 139 pounds and about 24 pounds from my goal. I had a rough time during the holidays but now I"m back on track and doing well. This year has brought about more changes in my life than any year previous. I have a lot to be thankful for and I have a lot of appreciation for the folks on this board who encouraged me to keep fighting for surgery when things got discouraging. I hope you find something to do to celebrate your miraculous year, Kenny.

Blessings,
Karen
Kenneth C.
on 2/5/10 1:25 am - Hendersonville, TN
 Congratulations, I didn't realize we were surgiversary buddies. I kinda feel like I celebrate my new found freedom from obesity everyday, but maybe I will do something special with my wife tonight or this weekend. I hope you have a little celebration too, as we definitely have something to celebrate.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 1:31 am - Sevierville, TN
Actually, I ordered a couple of new outfits for sping. Shopping is my favorite way to celebrate but tonight I will also be trying a new recipe so we will have a special dinner and will enjoy a quiet evening at home. I hope you and Missy have a great time, whatever you decide to do.

Happy surgiversary!

Karen
Truly Trina
on 2/5/10 6:38 am - Nashville, TN

Hi  Karen,

Happy Surgery Anniversary to you too....

Wow, you look fantastic...  You have done an awesome job....

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 6:47 am - Sevierville, TN
Thanks, Trina!

Hugs,
Karen
jharrington8172
on 2/5/10 2:17 am - Hermitage, TN
Congrats to both Kenny and Karen - you both should be so proud of all you have accomplished.     My 1 year surgiversary is on 2/24

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Kenneth C.
on 2/5/10 4:28 am - Hendersonville, TN
 Thanks. I'm amazed by your success. That is awesome.  Congratulations!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 6:49 am - Sevierville, TN
Wow, John! You are almost there too. I didn't realize how many of us on the TN board had surgery so close together. There are lots of success stories in the making!

Karen
ErikaAnn
on 2/5/10 6:19 am - MT. JULIET, TN
Congrats to both of you!  My surgiversary was the 2nd!  I actually forgot about my appt()   Hasn't it been a GREAT year?

2Corinthians 5:7

Most Active
Recent Topics