Dance In The Rain, if I can so can you

Truly Trina
on 2/4/10 7:45 am, edited 2/4/10 7:47 am - Nashville, TN

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain…………..

I was reminded about this wonderful inspirational quote by my best friend. Then I thought how true it was that as we travel down the path of our WLS journey, no matter what stage of the process we may be in whether that be:

contemplating having the surgery,

trying to decide what type of surgery is best for you,

choosing a surgeon that is right for you,

jumping through insurance hoops,

having no insurance at all but working 3 or 4 jobs to save up and have the surgery,

fresh out of surgery and struggling,

several months out of surgery but you feel like your weight loss has stalled and you might not be successful at this,

or trying the best you can to maintain the goal weight you worked so hard to attain,

You will undoubtly at any stage feel overwhelmed and uncertain.

And although my mother’s favorite saying is “This Too Shall Pass", I love it too, I still need to be reminded to learn to “Dance in the Rain", While waiting for the storms of life to pass.

Ignore the naysayer’s around you. Some of us have been told that we just aren’t good enough we just aren’t cool enough we just aren’t rich enough we just aren’t pretty enough or handsome enough and what is worse is that we believed them. This is what I say to that, dig out your umbrella, put on your raincoat and pull on your galoshes or in other words let your guard down, allow for some mistakes and learn to dance in the rain.

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

k9ophile
on 2/4/10 3:06 pm
Beauty isn't skin deep with you at all... it goes from your smile down deep in your soul.  It's so good to see back around here again; loved your message and your picture.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Truly Trina
on 2/5/10 6:48 am - Nashville, TN

Hi  Carol,

Thank you, that is so sweet of you to say...

Okay, so there will be a little extra something for you in your envelope this week...

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss

debbiejean58
on 2/13/10 8:22 pm - Antioch, TN
Trina, I love that quote!! Question please, how tall are you? I notice that you started out at about the same weight as me but that you are at 115 lbs. I can't get below 123 for the life of me...

Truly Trina
on 3/2/10 12:38 am - Nashville, TN

Hi Debbie,

It is so good to see you.  You look fantastic...  I have always admired you and your success...  I am 5' 3.  How tall are you?

Marie R.
on 3/2/10 2:52 am - Nashville, TN
hey trina. great picture and great quote as usual.
Marie Rucker
preop 302/current 184/goal 170

Most Active
Recent Topics