Acrylic nails/polish

jaybird37
on 1/31/10 2:33 am
 Hey all--

does anyone know if centennial requires that you remove acrylic nails or polish off of your toes for surgery?

Thanks!  my fill in is before my pre-op class--dont want to waste money! saving it for new clothes. :)
Elizabeth O.
on 1/31/10 7:11 am - nashville, TN
yes, they do require you to remove them so they can monitor you better - i had to also - bummer - but I do my own - not perfect but do them none the less - and redid them after my plastics - good luck - best wishes

Beth
F.R.O.G.  -  Fully Rely on God!  For He IS GOOD!  

http://www.youravon.com/elizabethoneal

Shell4banding
on 1/31/10 7:56 pm
I had to remove my fingernail polish but  not off my toenails!  ~shell

jaybird37
on 1/31/10 10:53 pm
 Thanks for the info guys!  i hate the way my nails feel when the acrylic comes off---so thin! i guess in the grand scheme of things, this is the least of my worries. :) 'preciate it!
k9ophile
on 2/1/10 1:08 am
Just wait until most of what you're eating is protein.  With that, the calcium, and other supplements your nails will amaze you.  They will be so strong you'll never think of them as thin. 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

jaybird37
on 2/1/10 11:00 pm
 hey all  i went yesterday to my pre op stuff and the lady at centennial was going over the checklist for what to do the day before etc....she said it used to say right here that you must remove your acrylics and polish but you no longer have to do that, you can keep them.  i was excited! just thought i would pass that along!  yay for new policies!
Elizabeth O.
on 2/2/10 2:47 am - nashville, TN
That's news to me!   I had my plastics there 7 weeks ago and they made me remove mine.  I gues different areas require differnt things.  Good Luck!!    Yu will be amazed at what you can do when this is all done and said!
F.R.O.G.  -  Fully Rely on God!  For He IS GOOD!  

http://www.youravon.com/elizabethoneal

Most Active
Recent Topics