Doing the happy dance..

t2nashville
on 1/28/10 12:43 am
Celebrating with you, sweet Amy. Good for you - for taking control of your own healthcare!

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:35 am - Monterey, TN
Thank you!!!!   You are sweet!!

HUGS
melsreturn
on 1/28/10 1:05 am - Madison, TN
Amy, I dont think anyone will be upset with you.  We on the board are part of a larger family - not just "my surgeon" or "my surgery center"...  we have strived hard to tear down those prejudices in the past couple of years.  But, regardless of those choices, you and I and all others here are bound by the fact that we are a support group.  I think I can speak for everyone in that you've had a lot of challenges this year, and you do require special attention...  part of that is feeling that you are being cared for, watched over, and being heard.  I wish you lots of success this year...  and while you're adopted into the centennial family (which I'm part of), your'e already part of our extended wls support group family!

Ronda S.
on 1/28/10 4:34 am - Cookeville, TN
Mel. you always put things so elegantly. I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, we are ALL here to help one another.

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:36 am - Monterey, TN
Mel... THANK YOU!!!  I fully agree with Ronda, you have a wonderful way with words!!   I am feeling much better and more empowered, and I just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!

HUGS
Kenneth C.
on 1/28/10 2:01 am, edited 1/28/10 4:43 am - Hendersonville, TN
Congratulations!!! I can't imagine being as far out as you are, and Denise for that matter, and struggling  to get the care you need for the band. I'm glad you are getting the care you need and deserve, that is what matters. We all support you no matter where you go. I can't wait to hear future posts from you talking about the lbs coming off.

I have heard from a few people stories such as yours, and I hope it's just all the changes that have happened with Dr. Richards leaving, Dr. Carpenter moving on after his fellowship and then Dr. Williams being out for the birth of his child, and several other key staff members leaving. They are definitely going through growing pains, but they need to step up and take care of their patients first and foremost. Me and Missy haven't really noticed this so much, being not long after surgery, the work is all on us and very little help is needed. But we have had a few canceled and rescheduled appts ourselves. I'm hoping things get better at Vandy, it ain't my job to keep sticking up for them, nor do I wanna. And just like you, if I wasn't getting what I needed, I'd go looking for it elsewhere. It's my body and my life, and I want to do what I have to to take advantage of the opportunity to get healthy. Time will tell if they are listening and things change. I hope so, I know they have alot of good employees that do work hard and put their soul into their patients success, but some of the rules and fumbles seem to be killing them.

Congratulations again.

Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Ronda S.
on 1/28/10 4:36 am - Cookeville, TN
Very Sweet Kenny.We are all a group of people hoping for each others success. Luv

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:37 am - Monterey, TN
Kenny I have to say, this letter was so welcomed!!  I was worried that I would upset you and Missy, you are both wonderful people, and are having such success with Vandy.  Thank you for understanding and your well wishes!!

HUGS
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/10 7:41 am - TN
Congratulations on your new adoption. Dr. Houston is great!
Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:38 am - Monterey, TN
Thank You!!!!!

I think it is the best thing that could have happened to me at this point in my weight loss journey.  He and everyone there are great!!
Most Active
Recent Topics