Doing the happy dance..

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:30 am - Monterey, TN
My primary care physician is here in Cookeville, his name is Tom Jenkins.    Maybe you could ask someone at Cent if there is a PCP who works with them??? 

HUGS
Pam Davis
on 1/27/10 7:47 pm - Franklin, TN
Amy, I can't believe I missed you! Meetings, meetings, meetings this week. Kathy told me you were there, so at least you got to meet our dear Kathy! Now that you know where we live...you are expected to make appearances routinely! I'm so glad your visit went well.

Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:32 am - Monterey, TN
You are one BUSY lady!!!  I am coming back on March 24th at 9:00..   smiles..  maybe you can pencil me in..  :)  That is my birthday too, guess cake is out of the picture!  I was AMAZED at how much of what Vandy said was "ok," Dr. Houston said, "absolutely not" to!

I did miss seeing you, but met LOTS of wonderful people.. 

Maybe next time!
HUGS
Denise M.
on 1/27/10 9:22 pm
Amy, I am so proud of you and inspired, too!  And I admire your courage to stand up and demand the quality healthcare that you deserve.  You are inspiring me to do the same.

I have one more visit at Vandy.  At least as of this moment, they haven't cancelled and rescheduled it, but I'm not holding my breath.  They still have a whole week to do it and not tell me about it.  Like usual. 

Nor am I holding my breath that anything has changed with respect to the quality of lap band patient care in the last TWO MONTHS that I have been sitting here without restriction, hungry, WAITING for my next appointment.

But hey, The Protocol says 8 weeks between fills.  The Protocol is not concerned if you don't have restriction or if you're gaining weight.

Vandy staffers lurk this board.  I know this because I've been asked by them in the past to comment on things when other patients have said negative things about the program. The change in their preop diet from Carnation Instant B'fast to Unjury with juice is one instance comes to mind.

They'll read your post, Amy, gossip about it among the staff, but in the end, they will not use it as the productive tool it could be to improve band patient care at the clinic.  And then they're going to wonder where all the patients have gone.

I'm still debating Morton at Baptist versus Houston at Centennial.  Morton's focus is on bands and I have met band patients of his that absolutely rave about him.  

But I am quite motivated after hearing about your very positive experience with Houston.  I know he does all the surgeries (band, RNY, sleeve and DS and revisions), but I didn't realize how experienced he was with the band.

Thank you for sharing your experience, as challenging as it has been.  It is a relevant reminder for patients to do their research thoroughly and make decisions based on their best interest and to get the best care.  You and your insurance company are paying for a service, and if your current clinic is not taking care of you or treating you with disrespect, it is your right to find a clinic that will.

Heck!  I'm feeling empowered because you're feeling empowered!  It's catchy, like the flu, but more fun!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!   
Denise

Ronda S.
on 1/27/10 10:09 pm - Cookeville, TN
I've never heard anything bad about Baptist and you need to do what is best for YOU. I'll be thinking of you, and I hope to meet you soon.  Your funny, I like that.  I love to be around people who make me laugh. Life is wayyyy to short to not be laughing.  Carry on girly!!!!

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Denise M.
on 1/28/10 12:49 am
  Ronda, you're so cute!  

Have new tires, will travel!  Once all this crazy winter weather passes, I'm gonna drag my butt and The Ladies (Map and Tuesday) out to visit Amy and Connor.  So hopefully I can meet you then and we can laugh a lunch away together!  You are soooo right--life's way too short to not be laughing and it's certainly way to short to not be proactive about your own healthcare.

I'm not just funny--I'm a total nutjob!    But hey, they have meds for that, right?  

Okay, call of Crystal Light is sounding.  Better run to the bathroom!  My boss keeps nixing the idea of me getting my own office Port-o-Potty!  Damn.

Ronda S.
on 1/28/10 4:38 am - Cookeville, TN
Sounds good to me!!!!!!

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:33 am - Monterey, TN
You keep me up..  and keep empowered..   it has been a hard few days with the changes..  but then I look at Connor and I know it is for me to be around for him!!

Keep me up on your choices too!! 

HUGS
Ronda S.
on 1/27/10 10:04 pm - Cookeville, TN
I'm celebrating for you, a new year and a new adoption. Things are going to turn around for you and your band.

If you are going to the support group tonight, I'll go with you.......to be your support for the support meeting.  Let me know, I'll call you later after I get back from Nashville. LUV

Ronda S. 

HW262//CW 122
  140lbs lost !
5"6 Tall

Amy_Baggett
on 1/30/10 7:34 am - Monterey, TN
It is a new year, new adoption and things are definately going to turn around..

We have a great new group and it is all good!!!!!!!!!

Luv & HUGS
Most Active
Recent Topics