Plastics

swtbutterflygrl
on 1/26/10 9:16 am - Clarksville, TN
So after much debate about plastic surgeons up here, hubby decided I should research them in Nashville as well. Hoping to get a better price and more options.  Give your good, bad, and anything inbetween on the docs you have had surgery with PLEASE!!!

SCOTT O.
on 1/26/10 4:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Beth had hers done with Dr Lois Wagstrom.  From a hubby's perspective...simply amazing!

One big suggestion I have, and this comes from tons of research and talk with peeps who have had PS. 
***Make sure your surgeon is familiar with the idiosyncrasies of weight loss surgery patients***!!!

Our bodies have been stretched and restretched to the point that we have some really unique requirements!

Gidget, I have a really good friend that had plastics done by a surgeon that was not familiar with WLS patients, and she is still suffering from the results almost 2 years later!

Looking good by the way!
Kenneth C.
on 1/27/10 2:18 am - Hendersonville, TN
I haven't had any plastics, yet anyways. But I do agree with Scott about some of the idiosyncrasies of WLS patients. I had hernia surgery about 8 months out, with my WLS surgeon, as still he had problems due to all the extra skin and tissue and ended up in an area that he didn't want to be in that caused me extra discomfort and extra healing time. I'm really afraid of what would have happened if it was just any surgeon, who was not aware of my issues. So choose carefully with someone who has dealt with WLS patients before.

Good Luck!
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

swtbutterflygrl
on 1/27/10 2:29 am - Clarksville, TN
 See we only have 4 surgeons here. 1 of them I was told to stay far away from. 2 of them have not dealt with enough WLS patients for my standards. The 4th one has done ALOT of WLS surgery patients but is really HIGH in price. I know you get what you pay for but it seems really high. 
Susan J.
on 1/27/10 2:56 am - Madison, TN

I consulted with a couple of different surgeons prior to my plastics. I also talked to other WLS friends about the doctors they had used and their results. I LOVE my plastic surgeon and her entire staff.

I used Dr. Wagstrom too and I am still thrilled with my results 2 years later.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Most Active
Recent Topics