Centennial patients--please read

jaybird37
on 1/25/10 10:31 am
 hey guys

i have a consult tomorrow and was wondering if they will schedule my surgery while i am there or how that works.  i will have my psych eval done in the morning and be there for my consult in the afternoon.  when do they schedule it and how quickly after consult was your procedure.  getting so anxious!!

thanks!
jharrington8172
on 1/25/10 10:57 am - Hermitage, TN
I had Dr. Houston and I did not get my date until I had completed everything for my insurance and it was submitted and approved.  My consult was on 01/18 - everything was submitted to insurance by 01/28 and insurance approval on 02/01 and surgery on 2/24.   I know Dr. Houston has been scheduling out further than that this year (my coworkers wife got a March date a couple of weeks ago) and it may be different with your surgeon.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

jaybird37
on 1/25/10 7:43 pm
 thanks for your reply! my insurance has already approved me..they didnt schedule me for my consult until they had. the only thing i will not have done yet is the pre op class and i wondered if maybe that is scheduled at the same time surgery is. ?  i just think i will calm down once i have the actual date in hand. :)  was hoping to get that today.  i guess i could stage a sit in and refuse to leave without one...  :) ha
CharleeG
on 1/26/10 4:35 am - Jonesboro, AR
Ooooooh I am excitedfor you!! Do keep us updated, especially if you get a date. My consult is Friday but I know I won't get a date that day. shouldn't be too long after that though. Good luck!

jharrington8172
on 1/25/10 9:09 pm - Hermitage, TN
If you already have insurance approval then i would not see why you would not get a date.  Good Luck today and keep us updates.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

fancii57
on 1/26/10 9:56 am - goodlettsville, TN
Congratulations on your approval.  You should be able to get a date for everything after your consultation.  They are good about setting up everything for you.  They actually have some February dates available for surgery for Dr. Dyer.  I am not sure about the other physicians. 
jaybird37
on 1/26/10 11:04 am
 well my head is spinning....my surgery date is feb 4th. yes i said feb 4th...as in tomorrow i start my liquid diet!!!  WHOA.   no fabulous "last supper" ceremony for me, my stomach is in such nervous knots i cant eat.   maybe that will last and help me throughout the 7 day all liquids torture....  

let me just say, this whole process has been amazing.  God has blessed me and shown me His hand in this in so many ways.  im so thankful.
Sniffles...
on 1/26/10 11:45 am - Hendersonville, TN
That's nuts! I'm very excited for you! If all goes well, I will be about 4ish weeks after you for VSG at Vandy. Keep us up to date!!!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
Most Active
Recent Topics